A Foretaste Of Fall For These Shoes

That title is so 'Before and After' on Wheel of Fortune.  I just have to take a moment to give myself a WOF shoutout.  I love that show.

Moving right along.  I got out of bed at 2pm today.  That's a bloody shame (only kinda seeing as I needed rest badly).  There's been just too much going on lately - some I've mentioned here and some, well, it goes without saying this is not the place to be my own personal Dear Abby so let's just leave it at that.  Okay let's not.  My birthday's coming up and I'm having a breakdown.  There.  I said it.

Now we can move on.  So anyway, last night I was totally exhausted.  I told myself I could sleep in until 9am.  Of course the telephone then proceeded to begin ringing at 4am.  Seriously?  Seriously??  Seriously.  Not amused.  And it did not quit until well after 10am so I just started answering in a complete and total daze.  I had conversations this morning the content of which I have little to absolutely no recollection of.  That's effective.  This hazy daze of mine was quadrupled by my loving cats who have recently decided to rekindle an old habit of theirs...galloping up and down the hall in the middle of the night, crashing into my room at top speed, running up to the closet door, opening it by pulling the underside with their little paws and then wrestling in the closet all night long.  This morning I woke up to a stray t-shirt in the hallway, a couple pairs of socks hanging out from under the closet door, a random watch I haven't seen in 2 years lying by the bed and a mumble jumble of shoes, belts and scarves strewn about the closet floor.  Presh, isn't it?

Can't say as I blame them though...I know what they were after.

  They're heee-eeere.

Truth be told, when I blogged about these last week I had no idea they would live up to and exceed any expectations.  You can never tell what you're going to get when you order online. When I opened the box I was elated.

 It's ironic that I'm standing on a 'Yield' sign because bikers, rollerbladers 
and walkers alike stopped and commented on them. 

They are absolutely perfect for now and for well into fall...meaning they are a completely justified purchase (not that I've really given much thought to that when it comes to shoes...).  Hel-lo transition!

 You can even scale walls in them.  Okay low walls, but still.

I wore them with a pair of my go-to Current/Elliott Boyfriend Shorts, an Alexander Wang Pocket-T and (don't judge) an Abercrombie & Fitch fabulous sweater I picked up last winter for next to nothing.  It was the perfect outfit for late evening just before the sun went down.


From the length of the drape on the sweater you can get an idea of how perfect the shoes will be with any dress.  I'm already dreaming of wearing them with leggings, harem pants and a pair of long lost military shorts I found during Closet Excursion 2010 this past Saturday.  


I kept it simple with a rope necklace and primarily silver jewelry, but mixed it up with the chainlink ring and the turquoise stone on one of the others.  I'm finding it's getting much easier to mix silver and gold - or at least a tarnished version of gold - which is growing on me every time I wear it all together.  


Before I zip off, here's another picture of the shoes.


And now there's some money fairies I need to catch up with...I've got my net out so there's no escaping me!

Outfit details:  Abercrombie & Fitch Sweater, T by Alexander Wang Pocket T, Current/Elliott Boyfriend Shorts, Dulce Amsterdam Clog, Club Monaco Necklace, Melinda Maria Rings, Dean Davidson Turquoise Ring, Nicole Miller Sunnies

Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved