Shaking it Up

Okey dokey I was about to start typing and we had an earthquake.  Let's hope we don't have another.

Pause.  

It's just after midnight on Sunday evening/Monday morning.

Lampshade's swinging.

Let's cut to the chase in case I have to get in a door jamb.  On Friday I was all geared up to meet Torrie and Danielle in LA for dinner.  Poor Danielle had the day from hell flying in from OKC -- suspicious package at the airport had her stuck outside for 4 hours waiting to board, missing her connection and then having to re-route.  You never would have known it because she was in great spirits when I got to the hotel to pick the two of them up (Torrie is far more together than I am and can make it places "on time" vs screeching up w/moments to spare hence she was already with Danielle when I arrived).  

Sadly we didn't even think to get a photo.  Instead we got caught up over cocktails and terrific food, talking about anything and everything under the sun.  It was a super relaxing evening and I'm so glad I didn't wuss out and stay home.  For me there's always those moments:  what if they don't like me, what if I stick my foot in my mouth (uh hello, it is me), what if my hair's a wreck...and, of course, what to wear?  Thankfully Friday was a gong show of epic proportions at work so I skated out racing against the clock.  There was no time to over think the outfit.  I reached in the closet, pulled out some faves, glared at my fuzz mop of hair and ran out the door.  

Today when the Chef asked what I wore I tossed on the outfit and had him take some pictures.  This is my confession:  slapping on something from two days ago in a Sunday stupor.  In my defense I can't get enough of these crazy pants (first seen here).

~Madewell-Silk Safari Shirt, H&M-Vest, Free People-Extreme Wide Legs, J.Crew Belt, 
Sorial-Handbag, Sunnies-Spitfire~
~PANYC & Motif 56 Bracelets, Melinda Maria, random silver and Flea Market Dancing Ring~
I have to say I never really fancied myself a structured silk blouse kinda girl, but 
Madewell has completely sucked me in.  I want to wear this top every day.
Pants.
Pants. 
Pants.
Obsessed with these pants.  
Over dinner we discussed the blogger side profile pose, how much easier it is.  
Yes.  In this case it was also the "freaking hurry up the hipsters are coming" pose. 
Awkward moment much?
Dancing pants.  Wind blowing the pant legs around pants.
Can I live at this house pants?
Try to tear yourself away from the pants for a moment and examine the house behind me.
Mmmkay? 
If this keeps up maybe I should start a series: Carrie & Her Outfits go House Hunting.
Dear French Doors:  please be mine. 

On a happy note I've typed my way through this without any aftershocks.  Here's to it staying that way.  I mean it is Monday after all.  Yaaaawwwwwn.

Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved