Dear Holt Renfrew: I Love You

Here I am live and reporting to you from the Prairies in Canada where one minute the sun is shining and the next you're in a full-scale downpour that is quickly followed by more sun and a light breeze.  It's a good thing I packed a wide range of attire including shorts, skirts, denim, leggings, light t-shirts, blouses, jackets and even some tights because, tights aside, I've had a chance to wear a little of everything and it's been great.  One of the things I miss most about living here is the ability to truly indulge in all the wonderful fashion that appears at fall.  In Southern California we really can't get into much of a deep relationship with wool, chunky knit sweaters, or rich tweed so, even though I love where I live, I do find myself a little heartsick at all the possibilities that get passed over due to the high likelihood of a heatwave in the fall.

Seizing the opportunity to get out and take in a glimpse, the Chef and I ventured into downtown Calgary the other day where we inevitably ended up at Holt Renfrew - Canada's Barneys and one of my favorite places to shop when visiting home.  Within moments we I was oohing and aahing over amazing brands that were perfectly merchandised and singing all too many of the sweet songs of fall into my ears.  Even as I type a particular leather vest adorned with leather studded shoulders remains locked in my mind.  I don't think I'll ever be the same.  Wallet fairies?  I still haven't given up on you...

I was so excited to be able to wear velvet, cashmere, 
leather and suede all in one outfit.
It was Tucker for Target on the tank.
And Coco came along on the trip as well.
To visit her cousins and bring greetings from Southern California.
Holt's windows are always impeccable - like a scene out of Mannequin.
And there is something historic about the store that brings
out classy ladies dressed in their finest.  This lady 
who snuck into our photo was a doll!
Without realizing it my outfit coordinated very well 
with the colors in their window.  The slogan really says it all.

I managed to leave with a few treasures that I'm sure will make it into outfit posts over the next week or so.  Until then I hope everyone is having a wonderful Labor Day long weekend!!  I'm looking forward to catching up on your blogs when we return home later this week.  And now I've got a bag of ketchup chips staring me down...yesssss.

Outfit details:  Tom Ford-Sunnies, Martin+Osa (RIP) Cashmere-Sweater, Tucker by Gaby Basora for Target-Tank, Martin+Osa (RIP)-Skinny Denim, Banana Republic-Suede Boots, Alexander Wang-Coco Handbag

Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved