Shop At Your Own Risk: Tucker For Target Part 2

With the exception of Sunday morning, my weekend was pretty much perfect.  Fall has definitely arrived here at the beach and it was so nice to huddle under the covers, drink hot tea and take walks in oversized sweaters and leggings.  I went to bed on Saturday evening really excited to wake up on Sunday morning and check out the release of Tucker for Target at a local store.

Instead I walked in at 8:10AM and was greeted by a stampede of women who had been possessed by wild animals.  Within moments I witnessed an older woman, shopping for her daughter, have an item ripped from her grasp while she stood there stunned.  At that point I knew it was on.  I managed to find ONE item left in my size and entered the fitting room only to find a group of approximately 5 rabid hyenas who had literally stripped the entire Tucker section of almost every single item.  The Target girls were not prepared for this display of ill-behavior and were clearly mortified as several of us late by 10 minute arrivers requested only to try on an item or two, while the others flat out refused to share anything as they snickered holding a full size run of XS - XL in all but two items.  It was absolutely disgusting to see mid-20's through mid 40's women behave like that.  So much that I turned and walked out.

I ended up visiting a total of 5 Target stores where I eventually managed to find several items in my size and, thanks to my first couple of experiences, was particularly sensitive to leave a full size run on the racks for others!!!  (Are you reading this all of you in Costa Mesa and Huntington Beach?? UGH!).  While the morning left me weary, I am pleased with the items I did find.  My most favorite by far is the Persian Bomber Jacket.  When we walked up the street to grab a bite tonight I seized the cool evening as my first opportunity to wear it.

 Here's a full outfit picture. 
 Here's a better close-up of the jacket.  
It's kind of furry and super soft.
Look at the lining!  It's adorable.  This picture does not do it justice.
This one's a little better.
  I tossed the jacket on over a Tucker for Target Butterfly Cami, 
a pair of boyfriend shorts
and some cozy charcoal grey tights.
 It got dark so quickly today.  
I guess our light-filled evenings are drawing to a close.

I'd love to know what your experiences were if you visited a Target on Sunday.  I found the collection itself to be extremely tasteful and very representative of Gaby.  She is such a colorful, eclectic person who seems to understand what women want in terms of fit and variety.  I really enjoyed seeing how her usual use of silk and linen translated into the fabrics she was able to bring to the table for her Target collaboration.  I found the items to be fun and well-fitting, and look forward to mixing some of the pieces into my fall/winter wardrobe. 

Outfit Details:  Tucker for Target - Persian Bomber Jacket and Butterfly Camisole, Current/Elliott - Boyfriend Shorts, Banana Republic - Charcoal Ribbed Tights, PANYC - Belt, Mike & Chris - Booties, Foley + Corinna - Mid City Tote.


Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved