Misery Loves Company

To say I've been under the weather this weekend is a bit of an understatement.  By the time Friday at 2pm hit I was pretty much delirious and going down fast.  All I remember is mumbling something about chicken fried rice before passing out in bed.  Not pretty.

Since I'm far away from my mom and can only whine by telephone (not nearly the same as in person although I do give it my best effort) I find myself seeking comfort in things that are within arm's reach whenever I get sick.  If you were a fly on the wall in my home this weekend you would find me decked out in head-to-toe James Perse (trust me there's nothing that says safe and warm like a pair of $200 cashmere blend sweats while lying in the best bedding in all the land - the man is lethal), drinking a blend of green and white tea for maximum antioxidants, eating gluten-free peanut butter cookies with a bag of Ghirardelli chocolate chips close at hand while episodes of Felicity played softly in the background.



If you want the truth I would probably be content with just the Felicity.  Okay maybe while also lying in the Perse bedding.  Seriously though, did you ever watch that show?  In my opinion it is, bar none, the most well-written television program of our time.  Even though my college days are long over, there is something about Felicity that still speaks to me.  The characters are real, the dialogue and stories are believable and the overall theme is easy to relate to.  When I hear either of its opening theme songs I am transported to a happy place. 



Don't be surprised if you hear me in my delirium muttering, "yeah! i wanna become a new version of me" - a healthy one thank you very much.

BTW - I met Scott Speedman once through friends and, well, let's just say I now understand why Felicity followed Ben across the country.

Hope you're all having a fun and healthy weekend!
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved