White Out

I know what you're all thinking, "That hooker's wearing a bun, no jacket and white pants in January."  And you would be correct - except I'm not a hooker, but endless blizzards bring out the worst in the very best of us.  Free Pass.  With this post I come offering motivation to anyone who is on the fence about the White Denim in Winter Challenge that will be going on next week.  At the last minute yesterday aft I threw together a quick outfit to bear witness to the fact that white is totally relevant at this time of year.

Pause:  Did you happen to catch Kara's post over at Sprinkles in Springs yesterday?  She's featuring me as her Blogger of the Month for February, and blew me away with the post.  Please check it out if you get the chance.  Her artwork is extraordinary!

I digress.  I've sent emails to everyone who expressed interest in putting on their white, and the tentative schedule will be listed at the end of this post.  Please let me know via email if you need to amend, have changed your  mind (noooooooo) or would like to be added (yes!!!).  And now today's outfit:  bearing in mind that some of you are up to your necks in snow, I remind you that this is my California look.  Next week I'll sport a warmer version that could easily be worn in colder parts of the country.

Swedish Hasbeens-Loafers, Free People Necklace, Anthro Sunnies
Free People Necklace + Sun at 5pm as wind picks up.
Daredevil Carrie sits on sandy stairs in white denim. 
Swedish Hasbeens are some of my fave shoes...
H&M Collaboration is coming soon.  You will love!
Suddenly I feel like I need a chunky necklace to cap this off...

Okay so are you off the fence yet? All you have to do is an outfit post in white denim on your date listed below.  I think it would be great if you included the other people who are posting on your day so readers can compare/contrast, but I'll leave that up to you.

For everyone who has expressed interest here's the schedule so far, but there's always room for more!

Monday - February 7th, 2011:
  • Daniela - D, Etc.
  • Nicole - Frankie Hearts Fashion
  • Shannan - Merci Blah Blah
  • Lyddie - Chic on the Cheap
  • Taylor - Curly in the City
Tuesday - February 8th, 2011:
  • Anna Jane - See Jane
  • Valerie - Red Vines for Breakfast
  • Rosa - True Crew Love
  • Elle - Elle Sees
  • Jayme - Jammer at 10am
Wednesday - February 9th, 2011:
  • Kai - All Kinds of Complicated
  • Lisa - In Dramatic Fashion
  • Higgenbottom - Dressing the Higgenbottom
  • Ashleigh - Little Girl, Big World
  • Kara - Sprinkles in Springs
Thursday - February 10th, 2011
  • Carlina - Allergic to Vanilla
  • HC - Freelance Shop-a-Holic
  • Jiye - Pearls and Green Tea
  • Rali - Styles N Cream 
  • Me, Carrie - this free bird
Thus ends the longest post in the history of this free bird and if you follow me you know that's saying a lot.  I'll leave you now as I go off to tone my upper legs and behind.  White denim has brought home a few of the finer points I've been desperately trying to avoid.  On that note I have a killer dessert post for tomorrow.  Bring bib.
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved