Riding Shotgun

There we were Saturday afternoon, on the open road weaving around in traffic trying to figure out where the hell we were going when I looked at the clock and saw 3:55pm.  Dude.  We're not gonna make it.  Should we just turn around and say whatever with it?

We kept moving, I figured out how to read a map (really not my strong point and probably why I'm a  self-proclaimed wanderer) and we got where we were going, but in my mind I can still see 3:55 on the dashboard clock. I heard a reporter say this weekend, 'This will be one of those events you look back on and remember exactly what you were doing when it happened.' The this being Whitney Houston passing away.  I'm not going to wax on like she was my best friend, although in my 20's I'm pretty sure I thought she was given how much playtime her music got.  My girls and I used to blast out I'm Every Woman like no other.  Damn.  No more Whitney.

What a tragedy.

And no I'm not going to get into her handstands at the Beverly Hilton.  Let's just remember her as the legend she was.

Before hearing the news we had a rad day.  Decent weather, roamed the streets of the fabric district, I pretended not to be scared of the drug dealer with the shopping cart, took in a Vanessa Mooney sample sale and laughed like a hyena when a guy screamed at the sight of a full-grown Bull Mastiff entering the elevator as he was exiting.  Outfit?  Uh, sorry. This is all I got.  In-car chic is the new black?


~Details: Martin +Osa (RIP)-Plaid Shirt, Alexa Chung-Skirt (seen here), Frye-Boots, TK-Bag, 
Vanessa Mooney-Necklace & Bracelet, here~

And here's Whitney Houston. She really was every woman.
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved