Brunettilocks

Just a quick post today.  Kind of an information gathering one.

I'm pretty sensitive about my hair.  After having lost a LOT of it while on the road to being diagnosed with Celiac disease, I try to take good care of it.  I'm in the middle of growing out yet another ill-fated haircut and haven't cut my hair more than a little trim since January.  So far so good.  But with summer here, I want to seize the moment and get in maximum growth - which can occur if I can steer clear of the iron and the blow dryer as much as possible.  And that means channeling my inner hippie in the hair department.

This Free People model has, for years now, been the epitome of boho-chic summer hair to me.


I can't seem to drum up any of her older, more hippie-ish photos so this will have to do for now.  Despite the fact that she's clearly had some sort of iron used to curl here, she is the queen of a natural wave under most other circumstances and effectively captures the essence of the summer hair I am trying to achieve.  I'm a pretty loyal user of Kerastase products, but have recently been alternating with Sebastian Drench shampoo and conditioner.


I'm surprised at how much I like it so far.  Neither one is excessively heavy and the conditioner is leave-in, but doesn't leave me with a flop mop of hair.  I suspect the leave-in part is good for protection from the sun which I am also a fan of.

What it doesn't do, however, is bring out much of my natural wave.  And I don't want to glom on more product at the risk of ending up with that plastic-y feeling hair that's weighed down by noon and feels like it needs to be washed.


So here's my question to you:  What do you use for products to bring out a wash and go type style for summer?  I'm talking be able to wash, style, dry naturally and go - something that will inspire my natural curls, but not create a fuzz mop or a greaseball.

I just want to be a hippie for the summer.

                                                                    image via te quiero

Is it so much to ask to wanna walk in fields of gold with a dreamy head of locks? Hair experts unite!
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved