Embracing Your Inner Hippie

Can you say swing the pendulum to the opposite end of the spectrum?

Just yesterday I was rambling on about my love for summertime nautical attire and now here I am today about to gush on boho chic.  I guess the truth is I relate more to the actual boho vibe.  I've always been the girl with the moccasins, the frayed denim, the fringe and all that goes with it.  It's just me. 

And hey, the beauty of fashion is its versatility right?  One moment we're in one situation or mood dressed for the occasion, and the next our scenario has changed and so, therefore, must our outfit.  Being a girl is so all encompassing.  How do we do it?? (chuckle chuckle. uh, sorta)

In any event I have spent a lot of time recently thinking about my summer wardrobe - specifically how to work with what I've got and save some moolah.  My inner hippie is just waiting for the weather to consistently warm up so I can dig out the goods and be zen all summer.  Last week I shared with you my desired summer hair...this week I polyvore'd up just one version of what you will likely see me wearing this summer. I hope it provides you with some insight in case you have an interest in this style, but are wondering where to start.


boho 2


Image details (clockwise from top):  Winter Kate Gypsy Rose Vest,  Marie-Helene de Taillac Lemon Quartz Ring, Lucky Brand Jaelyn Belt, ASOS Wooden and Enamel Bangles, Mango Mulita Fringe Flat Ankle Boots, Siwy Camilla Cutoffs in Loveless, Urban Outfitters Medallion Ring, Linea Pelle Double Wrap Triple Stud Bracelet, Sabina Mini Pouch, Fossil Summer Wrist Strap

If I'm not wearing a tunic or dress, the denim shorts with a white t or tank are always the foundation of my boho chic look.  From there I may layer on a vest of some sort (silk is also a great option because it's super flowy and can add a bit of color),  a mish-mash of bracelets be it gold, silver, wood, lucite or a blend of each, rings to coordinate, either a brightly woven bag (if going with neutral top) or as pictured above a crossbody pouch, and finally a choice of shoes which may be fringed moccasins, a mid-calf to knee-high boot, or a strappy gladiator.  This is where the summer hair becomes crucial.  Remember my wavy quest from last week...it really does compliment the look.  And of course you can always throw on a headband if you like.  I'm not much of a headband girl, but I've seen others carry them off quite beautifully.

And now please do share with me ladies:  your thoughts on the hippie vibe...oui ou non?
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved