Marching Into Fall in Military Jackets

So you know my J.Crew Military Jacket?  I'm thinking you do, even if you just started following yesterday,  because it was in the outfit post.  I also wore it here and here.  And because I get so many compliments on the jacket - both here and when I'm out and about (it's so easy to throw on that it goes on errands very often thrown over even sweats) - I wanted to do some investigation and provide alternatives.  You see my jacket is from late last summer right around this time, and it is no longer available *insert sad face here*.  As far as military jackets go it was not terribly priced at, I believe, $98 (even though I know that seems a bit steep) because I have worn the thing well over 98 times.  In fact, I bet I've worn it 98 times in a month.

Anyway that's like salt in the wound, so my bad.

In an effort to ease your pain and help out with military jacket madness as we head into cooler weather (which some of us poor biznatches have not escaped much this summer holler if you hear me fellow Californians!) please find some options - in various price ranges - listed below.

Variety Military Jacket

 dear polyvore:  stop trying to push me over the edge.  from, carrie.

Let's do a Top Row/Bottom Row Price Comparison (Left to Right)
First 2 Jackets:  Top Row:  Elizabeth and James - Shrunken Surplus Jacket - $395
                                 Bottom Row:  Rag & Bone - Leigh Jacket - $475

Second 2 Jackets:  Top Row:  Juicy Couture - Skylar Twill Military Jacket - $298
                           Bottom Row:  Target - Xhilaration Juniors Military Jacket - $24.99

Third 2 Jackets:  Top Row:  Delia's - Ricki Military Jacket - $49.50
                               Bottom Row - American Eagle - AE Military Shirt Jacket - $49.50 

So basically here's my summary.  The first two jackets on the left are staples.  They are fabulous and you will keep them long after the trend is gone because they are not so trendy that you can't pull them out for seasons to come.  The second set....well color me happy on that cost comparison!  Oh yeah!  Put on your helmet in case you're getting lightheaded because this, girls, is what we call a STEAL OF A DEAL here at this free bird!!  The Juicy jacket will likely be more well-constructed and it will be cute, but it's pretty trendy.  If you can get your hands on the Xhilaration one, why not give it a try and see what's what??  For the amount it'll get worn you really can't go wrong.  And, finally, regarding the third set - those two would be the closest to the one I get compliments on.  The AE one in particular and it pains me to even admit that I guess the brain waves over at AE (she says dripping with sarcasm) must have saved a Martin+Osa designer to come up with the last jacket.  It is beautiful and wonderful and affordable and I'm considering it myself even though I swore I would never financially support that organization after they cut my right arm off just a couple weeks ago. Martin+Osa has been one of my best friends for the past 3 years...I digress.

I hope this helps in your journey for the perfect military jacket for fall.  I am convinced that polyvore lives to torture me or I would have included other options that give you a military flavor with a bit of sass and perhaps other color options like this beautiful jacket from Free People that has a feminine flair to it, this workshirt from J.Crew in the softest pink/taupe color, and this jersey jacket from Marc by Marc Jacobs.

Let me know your thoughts ladies.  I think most of us can agree we love the military jacket.  Perhaps your new friend is amongst one of these!
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved