Fly Away

I'm sitting here listening to the neighbor's dog bark its head off while she repeatedly hollers, "NO!" at it.  After 3 days of this I'm about to go over there and give her a rip.  Or at least holler, "NO!" to her.  I wonder if it would work?  If the dog's behavior is any indication, the answer would be no.  Or is that "NO!"?

Anyway.  It's been super warm and is early in the evening on Tuesday - just a couple seconds ago the sweetest cool breeze blew through the front door and straight out the open bedroom window in the back of the house leaving the whole place smelling like the ocean.  I have to say I love summer at the beach and am so happy it's here, even if only for just a short time.  Today was my last day of work for the week and I am officially in birthday mode (read:  cleaning before my bff from Seattle gets here and calls Hoarders for an intervention - no jokes)  I wish I was outside.  sigh

A couple of days ago the Chef and I were driving through a small beach town by my house and on a street we'd never taken.  As I glanced to the right I saw the beach no more than 50 yards away, causing me to holler, "Beach!  Stop!".  Luckily no one was behind us when he hit the brakes!!  hehe  We got out and took it in for a bit because who knows how long it will last...hopefully a month or so more, but you can never tell.  I was wearing a silk butterfly tank top by my most fave Gaby Basora - the mastermind behind Tucker.  Did you catch the preview sale for her Target Collection on Gilt last week?  It was a gong show, but I managed to hobble off with a couple of dresses and a tank...one of the dresses is in a similar butterfly print.  It won't be silk, but if I love it even half as much as the one I'm wearing here it'll be totally worth it.  I hope you are able to treat yourself to some of her collection.  It is quintessentially feminine with a touch of Parisian flair.  I never tire of any of the pieces I own, or feel bad for a little wallet slip on her stuff here and there.

I can smell the breeze when I look at this picture.  Love that!
 There's the bracelet my new friend Laeticia gave me.  
Remember that story?
Her husband made the belt too...seems I forgot to run it through
the other side of the buckle?  Woops!  Still looks and is awesome.
 Soon enough it got a little chilly.
So we just mucked around in the sand for awhile.  
Cashmere in August anyone?  oy
 I was probably tearing up because of all the cleaning that lies ahead...hehe
Perfect sunset.  Can't ask for more.  The kid with the frisbee felt the same.

Outfit details:  Tucker by Gaby Basora Tank, Gap Layer Cami, Martin+Osa Skinny Denim (RIP), Martin+Osa Cashmere Cardigan, Swedish Hasbeen Super High Peep Toe Shoes, PANYC Belt and Bracelet, Tom Ford Sunnies. 

Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved