Pineapple Watermelon Salad with Lime Vinaigrette

Is it the weekend yet? What's that? Why yes, it is.  Whew!

I swear everyday this week was a full moon and I'm basically over it. Greetings 3 days of nothing. 

Dear weather fairies:  please tell me this weekend will consist of warm sunshiny days so I can finally stop wearing a sweater for the first time this summer. For months I have been reading the other lovely bloggers from all around the country -and other parts of the world- talk about hot sweaty weather, trips to Cape Cod and other capes and things, A/C units that can't keep up and every other summer fun thing under the sun while I've been listening to the heat turn on by itself from beneath my feather comforter.  (True story - pardon me while I feel sorry for myself).

Because I am an eternal optimist here is one of my favorite summer salads (if you build it, they will come?...summer you hear that?  there's still time) courtesy of the Chef.  He made it the other night to cheer me up and I finished off the remainder a short time ago.  Hope you enjoy - it's a fun fruity one with a twist!

Pineapple Watermelon Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
Ingredients
1/3    pineapple large dice
1/2C watermelon large dice
1ea   serrano and red jalapeño sliced
1/4C red onion sliced
1/4    bunch cilantro leaves
1T     lime juice
3T     olive oil
pinch salt, pepper, paprika

Method
Gather all of your ingredients.


Begin by cutting the pineapple if you're not using pre-cut.  Here's an easy how-to that the Chef put together for you.  While the pre-cut is super convenient, it costs an arm and a leg...and a new pair of fall boots if you eat a lot of pineapple.

Easy way to cut a pineapple:

 Line knife with core and cut straight down.
 Lay flesh side down remove skin cutting parallel to flesh.
Remove edges of skin by cutting on angle.
Ta-da!

Next you can chop up the remaining easier ingredients and set them aside in individual piles while you make the vinaigrette.

Vinaigrette
Mix lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika.


Plating
Gather all ingredients and the bowls or plates you will be serving on.

 Place pineapple and watermelon on plate.
Sprinkle on onion and chili peppers.
 Spoon vinaigrette over top.
 Garnish with cilantro leaves.

The Chef provided a step-by-step if you want to do fancier plates, but you can also toss all of the ingredients gently in a bowl and serve the salad family style.

And with that I'm running away and may never come back.

I hope you enjoy the salad - if you get the opportunity to give it a try please let us know what you think.  Now it's time for me to tackle Mary's Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip and Pecan Cookies.  I have a $16 bag of gluten-free oatmeal (yes this disease really does cut into the shoe budget) calling my name.  Let's hope Jillian Michaels doesn't find out what I'm up to and lay a beating on me.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved