Quit Playing Games With My Heart

I spent a good portion of a few conference calls perusing the Anthropologie website in every effort to cheer myself up over yesterday's sobering post that was deepened by a big ol' dose o' Monday.  Blech.

Now that I have Anthro's 15% off coupon burning a hole in my mind and on my desk I've allowed myself to be temporarily swept away to fall days where I skip through colored leaves in the most fantastically supple leather boots you ever did see, eventually collapsing in a crunchy pile - of leaves not boots, while warm apple turnovers bake away in my gourmet kitchen and chic grey cashmere pillows miraculously appear on my white couch just in time for cozy movie marathons and yet another episode of Felicity where she appears fresher than ever back for another year at UNY (and it is UNY in Felicityland so get there and get the dvd's if you haven't already - they'll change your life).

The reality is I probably won't see a colored leaf that isn't burnt and brown here in SoCal, and I'm not falling into a pile of anything that could potentially cause a broken hip - deal with it - but Felicity, apple turnovers, grey cashmere and cozy days are imminent (sans the gourmet kitchen - damn you money fairies).  And what better way to conjure up the images than dressed in some wonderful Anthro finds that just so happened to be purchased for 15% off?  See?  I'm getting there...:)

Imagine it...
How about the Bianka Blouse with a pair of JBrand Love Story Bell Bottoms?
Can you hear the leaves crunching beneath your knee high Miu Miu's
while your wavy tresses blow ever so slightly in the still-warm fall breezes?

Maybe you're out for a lunch with the girls on a semi-crisp day.
It's not cool enough for a jacket, but you still need 
a little something to keep warm.
I'm imagining it over a fab fitted James Perse Scoop Neck Tee 
and my most fave J.Crew Ankle Stretch Toothpick Denim
(because those fit past the ankle on me)
Chances are I'll be in these sleek knee high Loub's 
or maybe a knee-high military?
I prefer a little height on the heel with this long sweater, personally.

 Just because it's fall don't say good-bye to the dress!
...or at least not the Paseo Ruffled Skirt (yes that IS leather!)
There are so many ways you could wear this!!
How about with this sheer fabulosity Padded Shoulder Blouse (tucked in) from Vince?
And this Rag & Bone Military Jacket over top?
A knee high sleek boot might also be in order with this one...I'll let you choose.

And before I run off...let me just say I almost forgot my name 
on one of the calls today
because I could not stop staring at/dreaming about the Loose Reign Boots!
Can you imagine???  Because I know I sure can!
Bring on the leggings/jeggings/skinnys, one of Isabel Marant's thermals - 
yes I have seen, touched, tried on and damn near died - 
and a fitted blazer or military jacket,
and you just might hear the following headline:
Southern California Woman Spontaneously Combusts Over New Fall Wardrobe.

Don't test me Anthropologie!! 

Update:  Everyone - I will not be commenting today.  I don't know if you read Bumpkin on a Swing's blog, but I learned this morning that she passed away and she is someone I considered a friend.  Just going to take a moment and reflect on a woman who had a highly infectious personality
and a real zest for life.  You should check out her blog.
Love, Carrie
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved