Glassybaby (to the rescue)

The other day I was talking with a friend of mine expressing angst over hard-to-come-up-with last minute gift ideas.  I really like giving gifts with meaning and, having left things to the last minute this year (never again), was melting under the pressure.  Her voice lit up as she described Glassybaby - a product that I think is going to become one of my fave gifts to give and receive (Santa?, Santa?)


Glassybaby was founded by Lee Rhodes who, in 1998, was fighting a rare form of lung cancer and looking for an outlet to relieve stress.  She had given the gift of a glassblowing class to the father of her kids who, in turn, made and gifted Lee these candle holders in various colors.  They were an instant source of serenity as she filled them with votives and relaxed by their soothing colors.  By 2001 Lee began creating on her own and in 2003 opened her first store in Seattle having hired professional glass blowers to meet growing demands.  That location remains today as the primary store and studio, but two others have been added in University Village and Bellevue - as well as one in New York City.  How great is that?  

At the core of the company is a desire to give back.  Certain Glassybaby's give a portion of profits to various cancer charities.  I picked up the bff for a good friend of mine - I love knowing that 10% will be donated to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. If you have your back against the wall and are looking for a last minute gift totally check out the site - there are so many wonderful colors to choose from I was like a deer in the headlights trying to narrow it down.

*UPDATE* The rain is still coming down and I could use about 700 Glassybaby's to relax by.  Is it January 2nd yet?  No.  To ease my pain are cookies.  Have you guys visited Mara at M Loves M?  She is one of my daily reads - I love her kind heart and great outfits, as well as the fun relationship she shares with her fiance.  Mara's been hosting a Christmas Cookie Recipe Exchange and featured my Thimble Cookies yesterday...totally check her out and read back through all the amazing and fun cookies that have been previewed!! I think these just might be the cutest ones I've ever seen.
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved