Convertibles

Have you heard the term convertible used to describe clothing or handbags?  If not, it's basically when you can wear one piece multiple ways - hence, converting it into multiple looks - convertible!  One of my favorite new items is a convertible by Brandy & Melville.  I'm not sure they actually intended for it to be one - but it totally is and I love it.  So here are the 3 separate pieces it represents: 

The Dress


Cute or what?  Check out the slouchy side - love it!  First I put on the standard cami, then a ribbed tank dress to make sure there was no see-through action, and finally threw the slouchy dress (convertible) over top.  Entirely simple outfit that you could easily wear with flip flops for an afternoon beachy vibe or a bit more sassed with a bootie or heel (as seen here) for an early dinner.  It was completely freezing this day, but someday it will warm up and this item will be worn as a dress.  

The Tunic


I think this one's my fave look.  No check that.  It is my fave look.  I love tunics.  They're great with jeans, leggings, shorts or skirts.  They're fun and flexible.  Yes.  this one is it.


Check it up close.  You can pull it up just a little at the bottom so it loses the dress feel, but still covers the butt so it's great with leggings.  I don't know about you, but I'm not a fan of the uncovered legging'd butt if there aren't any pockets on the leggings.  I just feel uncomfortable, but that might just be my preference.


And, this particular look is excellent with the military boots.  If fall-like weather is going to persist, I have no choice, but to haul out the fall attire.  At least the fall foot attire.  Hopefully summer will reappear soon :)

The Top


Okay.  Examine it.  First, I must say a wicked breeze had picked up and was blowing straight into me.  All I was thinking was 'get to car and turn on heat stat!'. Otherwise the top version is far more blousy in front and not so, shall we say, sucked into the body.


Much more like this, if you can get a better view from the side.


Or maybe this?  For the win!  Whatever the case, I really do enjoy wearing this as a top as well.  It's great with skinny denim and a heel.  


In this instance all I had to do was throw a little jacket on and we were off to dinner! 

American Apparel has this super cute convertible dress that can be worn seven different ways, Free People has the awesome ruffle skirt that can also be worn as a dress, and check out the Bolu leather backpack that doubles as a messenger bag - it is beautiful!  I'm all over anything that can be worn multiple ways because it makes it much easier on the pocketbook.  And if I really like a particular piece I want to wear it a lot but not be redundant, so a variety of look options is very helpful in that sense too!

How about you - any convertible wearers or lovers out there?  I'd love to get some more ideas!

Dress Outfit Details:  Gap Cami, James Perse Ribbed Dress, Brandy & Melville Dress, Mike & Chris Booties, Alexander Wang Bag, Tom Ford Sunglasses, Melinda Maria Jewelry.
Tunic Outfit Details:  Gap Cami, Brandy & Melville Tunic, Aritzia Leggings, Joie Military Boots, Alexander Wang Bag, Tom Ford Sunglasses, Melinda Maria Jewelry.
Top Outfit Details:  Gap Cami, Brandy & Melville Top, J.Crew Matchstick Denim, Manolo Blahnik Zip Booties, Rebecca Minkoff Studded Rocker, Tom Ford Sunglasses, Dean Davidson Necklace.
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved