Summah Summah Summah-time (Outfit)

Back in the day Will Smith's (DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince) song Summertime was one of my absolute faves.  Where I come from in Canada summer is a season that is greatly looked forward to because we spend so much of the year in the deep freeze.  If you have been following me for even just the past few days or so, then you know it's been a lit-tle cold here in SoCal for the past couple months - and my parents have had far better weather back at home!  We haven't had the heat wave everyone else has been complaining talking about at all.



Today that changed.  When I got up this morning it was already warm outside.  Yippee!  And when I walked out of the house this afternoon to get in the car it was 98 degrees.  98 degrees!!  Normally I might get to whining about it's a bit too hot and blah, blah, blah - but honestly I achieved a level of inner giddy over the heat this time.  The Chef and I had several errands to run, including showing Cuppie around town...that's an upcoming post.  (Buckle your seatbelts because I'll be giving you an earful about our guest).  It felt sooooo good to be able to wear actual summer clothes for the first time this season.


I've got to say I'm not much of a girly-girl in the clothing department - by that I mean I don't really do bright colors or overly ruffly things.  I want to try it, but find that outfits comprised of basics with the odd ruffle or splash of color suit me best.  This white dress is about as girly as I go.  It screams summer garden party.  Today it was screaming, "damn it's a hot summer garden party" even though we were nowhere near a party.


To keep it real and authentically me I usually throw a light denim safari jacket over the dress, but it was much too warm this afternoon.  Instead I dug out another one of the jackpot pieces I got at that denim debacle last month.  It's hard to believe that was only a month ago...my mind is still trying to block out all those women with their pants off.  Eeps!  Anyway, this vest was amongst the goodies I was able to safely retrieve from that adventure.  Today was its maiden voyage and it's a keeper!


Here's a better view of the ruffled layers on the front of the dress.  Like I said, I'm usually a wee bit uncomfortable in overly feminine clothing, but this J.Crew dress from last summer was a must-have.  Just seeing it in my closet puts a smile on my face.  The ruffles are not excessive in the least and when I put on the jewelry and the tie-back sandals I feel right at home in it.


As you will notice my skin is still a sad, pasty white.  Hopefully I will be able to rectify that somewhat this weekend.  In the meantime, see what I mean about the shoes?  They're still feminine enough with a bit of sparkly leather in the front, but the suede around the ankle gives them a bit of boho feel and keeps the dress from an afternoon tea party vibe (no offense to tea parties - just not today, thanks).


Here's a close-up.  Very cute, comfortable and can be worn with so many outfits.  The ties in the back really make the shoe interesting.


Before long the day was over and the sun was going down.  I'm hoping the weather sticks around for the weekend and is enjoyable rather than excruciating.  Sure would be nice to pull out some more summer clothes and take it easy.  Wherever you are I hope your weather is treating you nicely!

Outfit details:  Target Sunglasses, Current/Elliott Vest, J.Crew Dress, Dolce Vita Sandals, Foley+Corinna Handbag, Melinda Maria Jewelry.

Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved