The Belt is Back

I'm not exactly sure belts ever left, but for several years now they have definitely taken the back seat in my closet.  When I was finishing up University I had the pleasure of working for Gap International as it expanded into Canada.  Those were some of the most fun years of my early career because of the intense entrepreneurial and creative environment.  Once finished school, I accepted a full-time position with the company that ultimately launched my career into Retail, Fashion and, ultimately, Corporate Consulting.  The  years I spent with Gap are synonymous with the phrase "cinch it!".  That was only funny for so long...subconsciously I think it whispered "death to belts" for me.  Once everyone is doing or wearing something - I just don't want to anymore.  I guess it's the free bird in me.

In the past year or so belts have been catching my eye again.  They seem so much more interesting and, as a result, can really be statement pieces in any outfit.  Whether skinny or wide, embellished or plain - belts seem to once more be a great finishing touch, and have taken on a whole new and fresh appeal - at least to me anyway!

belts


I can't polyvore worth a hoot, but these belts most definitely encompass some of my favorite styles.  They can be worn over dresses, rompers or jumpsuits - some even with denim or a wide-leg trouser.   I tried to include a mix of prices to show that retailers and wholesalers, as well as designers, are doing their best to provide a little something for all of us.  

Are you incorporating belts into your wardrobe?  Have you noticed the rebirth of the belt?

Line 1 (top L-R):  Urban Outfitters - Double Strap Stud Belt, Linea Pelle - Split Belt with Studs
Line 2:  ASOS - Super Wide Elastic Belt, Topshop - Lace Detail Elastic Belt
Line 3:  Topshop - Multi Strand and Stud Belt, All Saints - Cassandra Wide Waisted Belt
Line 4  Vionnet - Leather Self-Tie Belt, Mango - Leather Obi Belt
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved