Draping for Summer through Fall

I thought I'd better bust a move and get this post up here now that it appears heat wave 2010 could be on the horizon.  Today we hit 76 degrees and I seriously considered turning on the A/C (wimp!).  For a mere moment I almost whined that it was too warm in the house (oh what a difference a couple days makes).  Dallas Raines, our local weatherman, said something about 90 degree possibilities over the weekend...I didn't have time to hear if that was at the beaches or inland because Nancy Grace was coming on and I adore hearing her bellow out, "BOMBSHELL TONIGHT..." before she blasts off on the latest child abduction, Joran Van der Sloot atrocity or Mel Gibson debacle.  I secretly wanna be BFF with her.  I guess that secret's out.

All that being said I don't have confirmation of the heat wave, but it is July, right?  Well you wouldn't have known it just a few days ago when I donned one of my new fall pretties a full 3-4 months early (we're usually warm in SoCal through October) for an early evening out.


I've basically gone overboard for anything baggy for fall.  I'm a little person, but I just love being swallowed up in oversized clothing.  Boyfriend anything, big sweaters, jumpsuits, caftans - you name it and there you'll find me swaddled up in the middle. 


My favorite thing about this sweater is the drape.  The sleeves are fitted and meant to be pulled up causing the top portion of the arm to flow over creating the illusion of a shorter sleeve over a longer sleeve.


When I first put this on in the fitting room I squealed with delight.  Ever have those moments?  It looked so big on the hanger (why God why do they insist on hanging these fabulous flowy garments just begging them to stretch to the floor??) that I did not have high hopes of the top making it home with me.  But when I turned around all I could see was Irene Cara with her top hanging off her shoulder Flashdance style and it was a done deal!!  What a feelin'! (cue the soundtrack)


If I were to hold my arms out and not hike up the sleeve, this top has a dolman effect rather than the short sleeve over long sleeve appearance.  From behind it covers the derriere making it an absolute winner with leggings that are sans pockets.  See why I'm in love with it?  Well all these things and I love gray, too.


I confess that I've worn this piece 3 times since Saturday - first with dark skinny denim and a black leather wooden clog, next as seen here, and tonight hanging off the shoulder paired with leggings and a sandal.  When it warms up more I have every intention of wearing it with white frayed Siwy denim shorts.  And then in fall it'll make an appearance in one of my many military inspired dreams.  Seeing as I'm on wallet restriction, versatility and planning ahead have become my new middle names - whether I like it or not.  Thankfully I've been able to find a few pieces like this at Brandy & Melville that have saved the day - and the wallet - to begin to carry me into fall.  But in the meantime, I think I'll go enjoy summer.  There's a lot to be said for living in the moment and enjoying it.

Maybe I'll run into Justin Bobby and get his opinion on it...did anyone else cry when Kristin and Brody were saying goodbye on The Hills tonight?  I seriously need to get a grip...or the box sets.

Outfit details:  Brandy & Melville Sweater, Gap Camis, Current/Elliott Boyfriend Denim, Cynthia Vincent Wedges, Nicole Miller Sunglasses, Foley + Corinna Handbag
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved