Know Your Roots (Spring Magic)

I'm just going to say it:  I think Monday tried to kill me.

Sadly I fear Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday may also be out for blood.

*Update:  Tuesday's looking up.  Collette at Statements in Fashion featured me for her Twitter Tuesday post.  She is so fun, quite possibly one of the best networked bloggers in the shortest period of time and a tweeting machine.  Check out her blog here and her twitter here.*

I have new projects, potential new projects, things to iron out, calls to make, calls to return, people to tell off, stories to get to the bottom of all while trying to prep for my parents' arrival on Thursday.  This is a big deal - my dad's never been here before.  I think I'm getting hives.  I need a maid.  Fast.

My mom asked what she could bring for me.  Um let me think.  Okay:  ketchup chips, the navajo blanket from the Roots spring campaign, eat-more chocolate bars, pictures of me in my 'fro and her in her green 70's silk jumpsuit, the tan bag from the Roots spring campaign, cinnamon spread, and- oh what the hell- how about the entire Roots spring campaign??  Brace yourselves.


Speechless.  
Boots.  Bag. Vest.  Hair.
Bag. Belt. Bracelets. Bag. Bag. Bag. Infinity.
Let's face it - Roots found a magic desert.  
Complete with magic tree chairs adorned in fish net. And girls with perfect hair.
A place of rolled leather boots,
other wonderful boots and magic carpets.  

I couldn't wait until (dead in my tracks) Thursday to share this.  As it is I've been sitting on it since last Thursday when I stared at it in disbelief off and on all day long.  At least 4039583098x just to make sure it was still there.  Then I got up on Friday and made that blanket mine.  Having grown up in Canada I am a long-time Roots fan, and this is by far and away the most striking campaign I have ever seen them pull out.  I want it all.  Check it out here.  And while you're there take a listen to Chase Cohl's song for the campaign.  It's gonna be one crazy spring.  Boots included.

There's so much going on this week I might not be able to visit every day, but I will try to stop by and see what you're up to whenever I can.  Early retirement?  Are you out there?? Hopefully it will fly in on that magic carpet later this week...

*update:  come on over and 'like' this free bird on facebook. if i ever figure out how to get the like box up i'm sure it will be more convenient.  help.*


All pictures courtesy of Roots.com
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved