Working It Out In Prints

Guess what?  My landlord is on my last nerve.  He danced all over that mother on Saturday causing me to seriously consider if I even want to live at Chez Carrie anymore - a place that has been my home for almost 6 years.  Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale, shred, shred, shred.  I'm trying to calm my nerves and clear my mind in order to make a decision, but it seems that's easier said than done.  It's been a long time since I even contemplated moving so I decided to take a peek at what's out there...just in case I opt to take a flying leap and carry on outta here.  Pardon me while I take a nap - this whole thing is exhausting.

On Sunday afternoon we zipped over to one of my favorite buildings in the neighborhood.  There is rarely a vacancy, but I hold out hope.  Whenever perusing rental possibilities I try to pull myself together and put my best foot forward.  Read:  competition can be a real biznatch and you only get one chance to make a good first impression aka seize that property.  I went for the gusto mixing prints and textures galore - sadly there were no vacancies, but a really nice lady invited me onto the property to take a look around.  I think she was in love with my dress - no jokes.  Maybe we can do a trade?  Nah.

See what I mean?  She's in love with the dress - as am I, so no deal lady - 
and I'm in love with the property - as is she, so no deal Carrie.
I scooped this dress on Gilt a few weeks ago and have been waiting for the weather to warm up just a bit so I could break it out.  Yesterday was the perfect day for fearless bright prints all mixed together.
Key word:  Fearless 
Remember last year when I scored these Miu Miu babies? Probably not I had 30 followers then.
Last pair on the West Coast in a 36 purchased in a Walking Pneumonia delirium.
I jumped up and down in store, went home, and passed out for 3 days.
They slept with me - see here.



At the last minute I tossed on the belt that the Tucker team sent over (post here) and loved the wild
punch it gave to the dress.  This lace vest was hanging on the back of the door so I swung it over and
off we went. The Chef even loved the combo.  No Man Repeller action going on over here today, ladies.
ps-and no that is not my stomach - I am shredding.  It's day 6 and going strong. Woot!
Even though the dress got a little wrinkly in back (inevitable) and the picture's not totally clear
I still wanted you to see the back of the vest.  Look at all the amazing detail and how
well it fits around the arm.  Big thanks to Carey for the heads up on this one.

Isabel is featuring me as her girl of the Blogosphere today - hop on over and check it out.  Anyone new to the Shred Crew? If you don't know what that is there are a group of us working our way through Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred dvd and encouraging/commiserating on twitter.  We're at varying stages so feel free to jump in at any time.  Toning the calves and arms has never felt so good.  Have a great Monday everyone!

*Update* - Holy mother of pearl Roots featured me and Blanket over at The Buzz.  Check it here!


Outfit Details:  Tucker by Gaby Basora - Wrap Dress & Belt, H&M - Vest, Miu Miu - Bird Print Shoes, Free People - Necklace, J.Crew - Ring, Kate Spade - Bangle, Target - Sunnies
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved