Military Goes to the Beach

Call it wardrobe schizophrenia, call it what you want - but be sure to know I realize the pendulum is in full swing here at the bird.  One minute I'm ordering a Navajo blanket and waxing on about pink platforms and hippies, and the next I'm dressed for a day at the academy.  All I can say is what the hockey stick (throw back to the Canadian parental units soon to be on arrival) is up with the weather?  Je ne sais pas.  As you recall merely 4 days ago I was standing on the beach soaking up every minute of the sun (read:  basking in the glory of maxi dress dreams) only to find myself less than 24 hours later in an overcast cold mess.  The wind started whipping around and I seriously thought there was going to be a remake of Dorothy twirling around in her house off to crash in Munchkinland - only instead of Toto it would be me and two cats.  Far more interesting me thinks, thank you very much. 

This is my least favorite part of this time of year.  One minute I'm riding high on boho dreams and the next minute I'm back in the closet, heat on 75 seeking out layers of some sort.  As of Sunday afternoon it turned to military.  Pardon bags beneath eyes.

I know what you're saying...wasn't that the same beach from Monday's post.  True dat.
What a difference a day makes.  Has my Navajo blanket arrived?  Do I smell the UPS truck?
~Outfit Details:  Zara Military Blazer (seen here), Ever Net Sweater (seen here), James Perse Ribbed Dress, 
American Apparel Leggings, Joie Refugee Boots (seen here and here) , Alexander Wang Coco.  
Even though I wasn't exactly in the mood for layers these are light and the mix of
texture has to be my favorite quality about putting the pieces together.
Case in point.  Net on sweater + rib on dress beneath + studs on bag +
gold buttons on jacket + brass on boots = all kinds of interesting.
Note wind whipping about little strands of hair and cold hands gripping each other.
Within moments I was racing off to fulfill warm weather shopping dreams
with the heat on blast.  Spring, spring wherefore art thou?

I'm on the countdown to Parents Visit 2011.  I've got bedding and draperies to launder, floors to wash, bathroom to scrub down and groceries to purchase.  My dad told me to take a chill pill.  I was all, "um dad? I need to distract you from the traffic" - seriously friends I grew up in a very remote area and it's going to be a lit-tle overwhelming.  Last time my mom leaned her seat back in the car and we busted up laughing.  I'm hoping the blinding white walls and sparkly tile will ease the trauma...that or the bags beneath my eyes.  Whatever works!

p.s.- I put the blog up on facebook - 'like' it here.  Someday I'll learn how to put up a facebook tab on the side.  Technology = enemy.


*Update Friday afternoon:  safe from Tsunami (live at beach in SoCal and evacuated, but back home and leaving again though warning has lifted).  Parents are still here and I think we're heading to Palm Springs....my dad has a hankering for dry land.  Imagine that?? hehe  See you next week if I don't sneak a post in sooner.  Thank you so much for all your kind words and checking in on me. xoxo - C*
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved