New Beginnings

Isn't it interesting how on Monday morning Friday seems so far away?  On Tuesday it's almost even worse.  Yet here we are at Friday and I caught myself thinking, "bugger only 3 more days and it's Monday again."  I'm really trying to change that mentality and be content in the moment, whatever the day is and whatever I'm facing, including Jillian Michaels and her 30 Day Shred.  Day 3 down only 27 more to go. *hobble hobble*

It seems like only a short time ago that the Chef stopped working in LA and set out full-time to find/start a restaurant of his own, but the truth is it's been about a year.  A year of looking, getting close, having locations get purchased just as he was ready to make an offer, getting discouraged and then starting all over again.  This week, after months of jumping through hoops, he took possession of his restaurant in Huntington Beach and the demolition began.  It's pretty exhilarating yet overwhelming to think that in 5 or 6 weeks he will be open for business.  I'll  be sharing more details in the upcoming days and weeks ahead, but for now here are a couple of pictures of the interior that will be undergoing a drastic change.

Here's a picture taken before they started removing the interior and prepping for the re-design.  It's been a Chinese restaurant for over 40 years - almost a historical site in the community - and will now be something much different, yet hopefully something the community will embrace.  Not to worry I will be pilfering through all the artifacts and seizing the goods...including hand-embroidered pictures from the Orient.  Hold.the.phone. 

And here is a picture he sent over from his iphone yesterday afternoon.  Whoa.  Who knew tearing out carpet to prep for concrete floors could be so brutal?

In  two words?  Holy cow. 
Note to self:  Inquire about turquoise foo dogs.  No foo left behind.

For all of you who have followed my blog and tested his recipes since the early days last year, you know he comes up with some pretty creative food combos.  I hope you'll stick with us as I keep up the updates throughout the process - I'll keep posting pictures on facebook too, if you'd like to see the play by play.  I started this blog to keep a running record of my life - clothing finds, outfit loves, zany stories, and of course - food.  I'll still be doing the same only now you might be seeing more of my outfit pictures from the inside of the restaurant or out in the parking lot since hauling a tripod is not something I see myself doing.  Read:  recipe for disaster given my coordination.  The best part is hopefully we'll be able to share some of his cool food posts like in the beginning.  

Whatever the case may be it's an exciting time over here and we're looking forward to sharing it with you.  I hope you have a great weekend and I'll see you back on Monday - hopefully with at least one more day of the Shred behind me.  Siwy denim shorts here I come...
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved