Let it Hang

Saturday afternoon, while everyone in the east was experiencing a snowstorm, here in Southern California we got 80 degrees.  Is it so wrong to want to dress seasonally appropriate?  Apparently so.

After tossing clothes all around my room in a frenzy (think tornado) of 'wanna wear a sweater, too hot, how about jeans, tired of jeans, do we need to turn on the a/c?, where's that blazer, can't find my shorts, rinse and repeat' I emerged rather frazzled in something completely man repeller-ish.  Readying myself for the inevitable wind tunnel of guffaws, I threw on my never fail orange sunglasses (best $5 I've ever spent thanks H&M) and strolled down the hallway trying to be all casual aka hiding behind the shades.  You know that maneuver.

"Okay I'm ready," she says. *Grabs handbag and makes a point of not making eye contact* 
"We're getting a picture of that, right?" he says looking up.  
"Funny funny ha ha let's get outta here," she responds with an eye roll.
"No for real you have to get this one.  They're gonna love it.  It's all in the crotch," he says chuckling.

Waiting for the other shoe to drop I roll down to the car waiting for some comment about Depends Undergarments, but nary a one was uttered.  I do believe this blog has worn off on the Chef.  He's come to accept me wearing crotch droopers in public.  What is going on in the land?

Go big or go home:  fearlessly stand where cars can drive by and mock your pants.
No fear.
Close-up.  
It's October.  I wore open-toe sandals. Whatever with it already.
This one's for the Repeller.  
Somewhere out there she's bent into some pose wearing a sh*tload of clothes I can't afford.
At least not all in one swoop.  Carry on Repeller, carry on.

I would just like the record to show I perfected this look in the 8th grade.  Yes friends, you read that right.  On the first day of 8th grade I wore a pair of black what we referred to as 'parachute pants', a cream colored tencel military vest with a heather grey t-shirt beneath, and a pair of leather lace-up oxfords. Not much has changed in *cough* 20 years.  Does someone have pills?  I'm feeling lightheaded thinking about my age.  

As an aside I spent Saturday afternoon wedding attire shopping for a friend.  During this time I was stopped at least 5x by random strangers who profusely complimented this outfit.  One particularly stylish lad actually said to me, 'You are so Alexander Wang right now it is killing me.'  

Who knew a tornado could produce such results? Perhaps I need to throw things around more often.

~Outfit details:  Splendid-pants, Anthropologie-Poncho, Gap-Tank, Swedish Hasbeens-Peep Toes, H&M-Sunglasses~
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved