Lion Tamer

Fringe, mane, cats.  All of these things belong here.  (as opposed to one of these things just doesn't belong here)

About a month ago, the Chef's mom opened her garage and two Abyssinian kittens strolled in.  Well actually one darted straight into the house and the other followed soon after.  She hollered to the Chef as she pulled away, 'A cat's in the house.  Keep an eye out for it.'

You know the best part of the story?  This is totally normal dialogue in their world because these are cat people.  They don't question or freak out when cats find them, they just accept them into the fold.  The past few cats their family has had all either rolled up to their house or his dad's office and never left.  It's in the DNA of cat people.  We're cat seeking devices.  I was secretly ecstatic when I met his parents for the first time and saw cat paraphernalia littered throughout the house:  cat rug, cat thermometer, cat doorstop, cat figures in the planter outside, iron cat statues on the bookshelf, pillow stating 'The Cat's the Boss in this house'.  I made mental notes with glee.  All my cats have found me too.  Same with my parents.  I come from a long line of cat lovers...goes back generations.  No jokes.  We have the photos.

*Cue 'We are Family'*

His parents are out of town and he's catsitting.  This basically means all I did this weekend was play with kittens.  Well, one kitten and one cat.  The other kitten just stares at me and runs by...but I'll win him over.  He sniffed my hand on the way out the door yesterday and just 48 hours ago I won over his brother.  Victory is on the horizon, friends.  Stay tuned.

It starts like so:  locate your subject.  In this case hiding on the other side of the chair.
Speak softly.  Avoid direct eye contact. No sudden movements.
Pull out the big guns:  fringe.  This confirms you are of the same kind:  cats.
Draw 'em in with a a little jingle jangle.  
(Chef's mom keeps tinfoil on her couch to keep cats off...not these two.  
Tinfoil = toy as evidenced from random piece strewn here.)
Curiosity takes over!
Moments later:  friends for life.  
When they start chewing your fingers and let you grab their teeth you're officially in.
Next up:  Socks.  
One day they're sniffing your hand, the next they're sleeping on your head.
Can't wait.

~Details:  Current/Elliott-Shorts, James Perse-Cashmere Sweater (last year), Gap-Camis, Low Luv x Erin Wasson-Necklace, Zara-Boots, Anthropologie-Sunglasses~

P.S. --Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian readers!! I hope you guys are having a wonderful day with family, turkey and naps.  I've had a bunch of searches for the White Pumpkin
Ganache and Caramel Tart recipe the past few days.  If you need dessert here's the recipe.
Please have some for me :)
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved