Lights Flicker, Closet's Empty

That's exactly how I feel.  Work all day, into the evening (whiner at 6 o'clock), light candles to close the day, try to find something on tv, pass out in front of the tv, get up and go to bed.  Rinse (including a shower) and repeat.  Right now I'm super glad I work at home because when I think of my closet I feel like slipping into a coma.  All that calls out is most of my jeans and approximately 5 tops.  That's it.  Oh, did I mention most of them are only fit for either the heat of summer or the dead of winter?  Nothing in between.  Yeah, that's effective.

So the other day we're going out for brunch and I sat like this for half an hour in front of the closet, staring into the abyss completely unmotivated, contemplating something to wear.  Buzzkill.

Go-to Current/Elliott jeans, James Perse sweatshirt dress, cowboy belt, some striped cashmere sweater there's no way in hell I could wear in 78 degrees and, of course, my happy place:  socks.

And as you see I fell back on my usual--jeans, grey, suede and fringe.  Look at the last
three posts.  It's like some kind of subliminal dress code.  Safety blanket minus the socks.
That look on my face is the, 'Huh? What'd you say?'
I'll be honest:  even though my pants might bring out the Fashion Police at least I didn't fall prey 
to trend and put on some sort of 80's atrocity.  Is it over yet?  
I really can't take anymore whack mixtures 
of prints, sequins, oversized cuckoo sweaters and a pair of bedroom slippers all in one outfit.
(even though I could embrace the sequins, slippers and sweaters separately)
Instead I'll just stick to my James Perse t's, cowboy belt and jeans.  
It's safer for all of us.
And fringe.  As long as there's fringe somewhere I can find something to wear with it.

Conclusion:  80's trend (yep I'm still b*tching about it) + warm fall weather in SoCal = no can do.
Instead I revert to jeans, t-shirts and a soft pink dress.  Not necessarily at the same time.  Yawwwn.
And I only just bought the dress yesterday afternoon so it should get here just in time for it to be too cold to wear it.  Sounds about right.

Right now I envision a velvet blazer + denim shorts + booties.  Make that a soft peach velvet blazer...that J.Crew made two years ago.  Send reinforcements. 
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved