Mmmmmmmmmuffins

The other day I was over at Whoorl when they hit me between the eyes:  Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.

Somewhere along the line I think I've done a version of this recipe (pumpkin choc chip? anyone remember?), but Sarah's looked better.  Add the work stress combined with procrastination and suddenly I heard them  whispering to me 'try those muffinsssss you'll like 'em!' So there I was at 12:30 this morning when it hits me:  I need those muffins.  Forget going to bed.

Cut to scene and I'm thawing butter (coincidentally her recipe did not call for butter, but butter rules in my world so I just,well, you get the point), rifling through the cupboards and hoping against all for enough baking soda and gluten-free flour mix.  Thankfully everything was in the pantry and I whipped off a batch of these just before crawling into bed with fingers crossed that they'd retain their height come morning.  Sometimes gluten-free cakes, uh, not so much.

All I have to say is: wow.  These things are hazardous.  Gluten-free or not, these muffins are di-vine.  Just enough crumble, not too sweet and the perfect size.  Around noon I had to hide them or they were at risk of becoming endangered.  You guys.  Try them.  So easy and so good.  Wave buh-bye to cereal. They'll only last a day anyway.  She sprinkled chocolate chips on hers....lethal!

Slipshod image taken at the urging of Nicole aka bad influence who strongly encourages hooky 
to partake in muffin baking and consumption.   Do you feel like you're in a forest having tea and muffin?

Ingredients

  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free blend (listed here)
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

Recipe source here and I adjusted to gluten-free flour, butter vs. oil, milk vs. yogurt and added brown sugar to reduce white sugar.  

Oh. And this is how I feel after this week:


Is it over yet?  It's almost 7pm and I'm still working with no end in sight.  Happy for the work though! 
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved