Balancing Act

I think there's supposed to be some lesson for me in the construction of this post - some kismet, some timing thing, some something along those lines.  You see I've been trying just to type it for 3 hours to no avail  - thanks to Blogger the biznatch.  Thought I'd give it one more whirl before bed and of course it decides that now is the time to cooperate...by the light of the silvery moon. Of course.

The other day I mentioned my resolve to simplify life.  In the month or so leading up to Christmas I began to feel the weight of having very little time to myself - things piling up being a sign.  Back in the fall I realized one day that I don't get outside to walk much anymore - one of the fave things I had done religiously prior to this blog.  Same goes for working out and, sadly, seeing and talking to my friends on a regular basis instead of just sending random texts.  Something's gotta give.

One of the main reasons I felt compelled to start blogging was because of the people I met who encouraged me to do so for over two years (can you say late bloomer?).  Back to the point:  people would always ask me where I got a certain ring or shoe, hear a crazy story I had, or end up talking about a restaurant or special place we visited and inevitably say, "You really need to be writing this down."  Cut to scene and I start the blog.  More than anything it is supposed to be a reflection of me (and you of yours and so on, etc.), but I realized a couple months ago that if I'm not participating in my life beyond sitting behind the computer screen then what do I have to share?

image via rosettes

I know I'm not the only one feeling like this.  I've received some pretty great and honest emails from several other bloggers mentioning the same angst:  how to be loyal to the blog and readers, but also be present in the other aspects of their/our lives.  I can only speak for myself when I say it is a disservice to you as a reader when I don't have compelling content to share with you.  Original ideas/experiences are gathered by living life first and sharing second. 

I don't know about you, but I notice a level of guilt set in when I miss a daily post...or when I post off hours.  To me that's just not healthy.  Of course I feel an obligation to every person who visits my blog and I value my readers immensely, but if I don't post at precisely the same time every day I think we will all survive (read:  me).  When I was in Canada far away from technology and demands I had so many revelations about just going through the motions without actually living my life daily - and that is just not me.  I mean I'm a free bird for pete's sake!!

So with that I say I hope you will stick with me if you don't see a post every single day.  Or maybe you will and then I'll skip a day.  And I may not post at midnight (or whenever) every single time.  I might ramble on about fashion endlessly (shocker).  Or maybe I'll actually read a book and tell you about it.  I may comment a ton on your blogs, or I may just read and enjoy and sit back to think about it.  Whatever the case may be, more than anything I want the content here to be a reflection of a person who is living and enjoying their life - ups (shoes and crazy encounters) and downs (wallet restriction. and, well, wallet restriction). If you have any secrets, tips or magic tricks to balancing your blog with your life then I would love to hear them.  And if you are feeling any pressure to keep up I wanna hear that, too. 

And now, at 1AM PST, I will go to bed.  Thanks for nothing Blogger!!  But a sincere thank you to each of you for stopping by to read and keep in touch.  xoxo - Carrie
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved