Resolved: To Simplify

Every year prior to Christmas I get the feeling of having too much.  I don't know if it's all the shopping, all the requests or what, but without fail I begin to feel full.  Full of all the things I already have that, truth be told, are too many for one person. And then I begin to feel guilty.  That people are going without while I'm sitting on a glut of stuff I don't need.

Just before I left for Canada I spent two days going through my closets, kitchen and garage gathering items to give to charity.  I'm embarrassed to say the first part of the first day did not go well because I was having some trouble releasing "the stuff".  It's pretty sad when you have a lot, don't even wear it all, and still can't let it go.  Ugh!  (hangs head)  At some point the dam broke and I ended up donating several bags of clothing and shoes, as well as boxes of kitchen items, linens and other household treasures (some of which had never been used.  ugh again!!).

Along the way I kept two items to the side to share on the blog.  The first is a 70's style, size small, light brown, leather jacket (lined) that I got about 9 years ago in some random leather store in Seattle.  It has always been too big for me (can you say impulse purchase?) and, even though I loved rocking it with a severe wide-leg and a wedge all 10x it was worn, it needs to be set free.  I'm a size zero and it's big on me, so if you're a size 2-4 it'll be great on you.  If you want it all you have to do is pay for shipping and it's yours.  First person who contacts me can have it - and you know we are on the verge of a massive 70's fashion revival.

There is some wear around the sleeve so you might want to 
clean it, but I promise it's not a big deal.  I literally pulled it 
out of the garment bag after having forgotten it the past 7 years.
It's a steal.  Think flowy hair and shades.  

The second item is the Saint James Meridien II Striped Boat Neck T.  I wore it in this post - it was the first time that top had ever been worn - and it has not been worn since.  Yet another impulse purchase at $85 that is too big for me.  I fell in the hole because, as you well know, I'm a sucker for any type of French design.  It is an XS, but fits more like a size S, and I'm asking $20+ shipping for it because it is almost brand new.  If it fit just a little slimmer I'd keep it because stripes are going to be huge for spring and Saint James makes fab clothing.  And accessories. And everything.


Shoot me an email if you're interested in either item and I'll get back to you ASAP to make arrangements (I'm thinking PayPal).  I'll be back later this week to add a bit more on this subject, as well as some other realizations I made over the holidays.  Did you have any Holiday/New Year revelations that you're hoping to follow through on?
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved