Making Peace with January

Back in the good old days when I worked at Gap we referred to the palette of clothing that arrived post-Holiday as Transition.  Oh how I loved and looked forward to Transition.  After listening to the same music on the corporate-mandated tape (yes that's how long ago it was...cassette tapes had it on blast even though cd's were around - just so you know I'm not one foot in the dirt just yet), staring down red, green, plaid and flannel as frenzied customers far and wide debated, deliberated, purchased and returned in less than happy moods, it was time for all of us to move on and leave December behind.  What better way than with khaki, denim, navy and white, grey and accents of silver and gold?  All my favorite basic colors rolled up into arguably some of the best items of the year.

I think they call it Resort now, right?  Whatever the case, I begin to gravitate to these same items every year around the end of December/beginning of January.  You might say Gap brainwashed me; I prefer to think they instilled a great sense of style (before they let a lot of it go to hell in a handbasket, but still I hope for a comeback!!). And can someone please tell me when the Resort part of the deal starts to figure in?  I'm not getting any younger - or warmer for that matter.

{Zara-Military Blazer, J.Crew-Sequin Stripe T, Current/Elliott-Denim, Forever21-Shoes}
Done up for brunch at the local diner aka looking like a spectacle
amongst the locals. 
 Sequins after the holidays might be a sign of clinging to December.
 {PANYC Belt-seen here, Melinda Maria Bangles and Link Oxidized Ring}
Someone pass the hand lotion.  Clearly I'm in need.
Just scream.  Go ahead and let it out.  I did.

I almost called this "Confessions of  a Shoe Snob" because I am basically over the moon for the Forever 21 lace heels in this post and the booties in this one.  For under $40 each you simply cannot go wrong.  They are ridiculously cute, well-constructed for the price, and with a little insole really quite comfortable.  Who would've thought? (certainly not me!)

Thanks so much for your well wishes yesterday.  My throat's still sore, but I think I'll be able to venture out of bed today and get the poor tree taken down today.  I'm having separation anxiety...maybe tomorrow?
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved