Beach Stop

Living close to the water has to be my favorite thing about living in Southern California.  As much as I miss home on the prairies in Canada, there is something glorious about being able to walk onto warm sand and have salty ocean breezes tousle up your hair.  Truth is I somehow always knew, even as a kid, that I would end up in SoCal.  I realize that sounds crazy, but it's true.  As a result I never really settled anywhere after I left home in my late teens - and even more bizarre is my flip flop pile consistently predominated all other shoe collections as my nomadic lifestyle carried out.  One of my best friends in Seattle told me from the time she met me she was always learning to slowly let me go.  Isn't that kind of sad, but poignant?

Speaking of sad it's Monday.  The past two days have officially been declared "Weekend of the Spontaneous Purchase" as a Saturday toothpaste run somehow resulted in 3 pairs of shoes - each the last or only pair in size 36 meaning it was a sign right?, a tunic that I'm pretty sure Carey is going to tell me is a caftan (I think I've crossed over to the dark side aka caftan-lover-in-training), $15 worth of dark chocolate at See's Candies, and a random pitstop at the beach.  To be fair I left the chocolate with the Chef at his restaurant and actually zeroed in on the tunic Friday night at, oh, 8:59pm after randomly spotting -and then immediately purchasing- the very last blush linen blazer at H&M after stalking location after location for three weeks.  Should have seen the signs coming...

Every time I see the ocean, it stops me in my tracks.
Kind of like the fringy tassels on this tunic...I didn't stand a chance against them.
~Club Monaco-Tunic (caftan?), James Perse-Ribbed Dress, Lucky Brand-Denim,
Dulce-Clogs, PANYC&Motif 56-Bracelets, Melinda Maria-Rings, Foley&Corinna-Bag~
This Free People necklace, from what has to be a year ago, turned out to
be a mad show stopper.  Got stopped at least 5x that day.  Who knew?
Had to slip this picture in, too...how cool is that surfer running out of the water?
And, in picture overload, I leave you with a full body.  Despite the fact that I'm 
pretty sure this is a bikini cover-up it will be in daily outfit rotation.  
As I sit in my pj's in the home office. Ha!

Hope your weekends were relaxing after Blogger meltdown 2011!  Can I get a Tuesday?
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved