In Full Bloom

When I last left off it was the eve of the Royal Wedding and I was going off the royal tracks with excitement.  Suffice it to say I stayed up all night Thursday watching it unfold, tweeting with several of you, and texting back and forth with one of my top Canadian girlfriends. It was a mixture of tiaras, tea cups and tears over at the bird (oh and possibly 15 mini cream puffs, but who's counting?).  Friday morning found me a hot mess, trying to work and still buzzing from all the royal festivities...shockingly so were several of my clients.  It was a royal kum bah yah.  Someday I will stop saying royal, but not exactly sure when that will be.

I think it's safe to say at this point that the neighbors think I'm whacked due to round the clock laughing and crying.  That could work in my favor regarding keeping them off my deck, so pardon me while I go let out a cat call to keep the stigma alive.

Okay I'm back.

Anyway I awoke Saturday morning determined to get more unpacked and organized.  This of course meant I abandoned ship and headed straight for Free People.  Procrastinator C at the helm.  What was supposed to be a return resulted in the most spontaneous yet delightful purchase I've made in some time:  hot pink slinky ruffled dress.  I wore that mother to church yesterday morning, then straight out to brunch afterward getting stopped along the way all day.  Brace.

~Free People Dress, J.Crew Tissue Hoodie and Vest, Brandy & Melville Bag
Matt Bernson Studded Sandals, Target Sunnies~
Let's take a moment to discuss:  gorgeous color, bottom portion so full you have to
gather it to ascend/descend stairs a la Scarlett O'Hara (or at least in my mind)
fringe bag swinging in the wind + paper thin layered hoodie + military vest =
a marriage of multiple styles culminating in favorite new outfit.
Fresh off meeting one of my fave teachers ever we celebrated with brunch at a fave spot,
sipped cocktails called 'sonic smash' and made a pit stop at the chocolate shop.  
Okay I window shopped to maintain some semblance of the 98 day shred.
Said fave teacher, John Piper, and me with me third grade panic grin.  
Humor me, okay?  It was a moment.
Speaking of moments let's all go have a bunch of them so Friday gets here QUICKLY.
I need a nap.

In the sheer giddy of it all I forgot to show more of the dress details.  You can find it here and it also comes in white and navy which are just perfect.  The fabric is super soft and great for summer because yesterday was 85 degrees and I swirled around all over without breaking a sweat once.  In my mind I see it layered with a pullover type sweater and my Joie combat boots...kinda can't wait to try that one out.

Happy Monday everyone!
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved