Bottoms Up!

Holy mother of Friday it's finally here....loooooooong weeeeeekend!! To say it's been a hell of a week is an understatement.  On top of mad work drama late yesterday afternoon I overheard the bbq'ing neighbor beller out, "Heroin is not a lifestyle!"  Well.  I'm glad we got that settled.  And you were moving out, when?

To cap it off I came in moments ago (it's 1:30am Friday morn) after almost drowning in my car when the cap popped off my 5 gallon glass water bottle as I was wheeling down the freeway.  Can you say screech the car over to the right?  As I pull off into a parking lot to stop the gusher I get out of the car and hear the most insanely loud singing.  Looking up I see a person go pedaling on by, potentially lit out of their gourd, singing Bible songs at the top of their lungs.  How do I know I heard a Bible song you ask?  All I could make out was Jeeeee-suuuuus as they sailed on by bike weaving in the evening breeze.  Hey at least the guy was happy.

More insanity occurred outside my garage as the next door neighbors were convened outside their garage partaking in a smoke of some sort.  Briskly hightailing it up the stairs I heard, "Be careful in those heels" as I shut the door behind me.  Nighty-night metal heads (see here).

Can't believe it's taken this long to plop them up here on the blog seeing as I wear 'em daily.
Well, when I'm not wearing these ones.  Oh yes.  Pass the pink heels.  New addiction.

See why I'm ready for the weekend?  Oh friends I could tell you much, much more but will spare the deets.  Let's just say for the first time in 15 years I've got hives on the palms of my hands.  Carrie needs a nap.  And a cocktail.  Speaking of which Anna Jane is getting married in Mexico today so the Chef and I werked (spelled incorrectly on purpose btw) a little magic signature cocktail concoction for the event.  Get your tequila and let's get a toast ready.  What's that?  You don't know Anna?  No worries.  You know me, it's the weekend, someone's getting married, we have 3 days off -- CHEERS!


The Anjerita (Anna Jane + Eric + Margarita)
Ingredients
for one serving

1oz Silver Tequila (Don Julio is my fave, but Patron or Jose Cuervo work too)
1/2oz Patron Citron
1 Grapefruit wedge removed from skin
Squeeze of Lime
A pinch of Sugar
A sprig of Mint
A splash of Pom Juice
Club Soda to cover

Directions
1. Place grapefruit wedge, lime juice, sugar, and mint in a glass or cocktail shaker.  Muddle it with the back of a spoon.
2. Add all remaining ingredients except Club Soda and cover with ice.
3. Stir or shake until chilled.
4. Strain liquid into a martini glass.
5. Top with Club Soda.
6. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
7. Enjoy :)

Anna and Eric - the Chef and I hope your wedding is everything you ever imagined it to be and more.  Here's wishing you many happy years together.  Congratulations!

Everyone else - bottoms up and let's get going on our weeeeeekends!! 

p.s. - Don't forget to enter the $150 Perricone Skin Care Giveaway 
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved