Simple Saturday

Sticking with her usual patterns, Mother Nature tossed out something just shy of a scorcher this weekend in Southern California.  Yes I realize waxing on about the weather is so blah-de-blah, but guess what?  It's bloody fall, bloggers are donning fur and sweaters as we speak, and there is simply no way in the name of perspiring underarms that I'm about to get in on that game.  Instead I spent Saturday morning staring blindly into my closet trying to come up with something other than shorts to wear.  Refusing to get into an outfit frenzy--you know the ones where half the closet goes flying around the room don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about--I spotted my favorite shoes, quickly tossed on a pair of jeans and a blouse that's never made it onto the blog.  Goal:  Don't over think it or it'll be 5pm before you know it.

Upon emerging from the house I was hit with a wave of heat that almost had me spin on my heel and head back inside, but margaritas were calling and there was no time to delay.  I managed to grab my camera on the way out the door, but as fate aka Instagram would have it the battery was left in the charger.  Niiiiice.  This evening I contemplated renaming the blog:   My Life On Instagram.  Has a little ring to it, don't you think?  
Outfit:  Zara-Blouse, Current/Elliott-Boyfriend Jeans, Gap-Cami
Dulce-Clogs seen here and here aka good old daysSorial-Bag

Have you ever bought something, wondered if you'll ever wear it and then it turns out to 
rescue you from wardrobe block on a regular basis?  For me that is this Zara Blouse.
So happy I didn't leave it behind.  Now need a couple more just like it...
These shoes get so much wear in my day to day life.  
The company closed and I've regretted not getting a second pair almost every day since.
*Insert rationing the shoes here*
Nothing like a cold margarita on a hot day.  And yes we were able to sit outside.
It was bloody 85 degrees in the middle of the afternoon!

Anyway, I am looking for some sort of jolt to the closet because trying to get my fall on in summer weather is basically a drag.  I wake up in the morning, think about a light sweater and then laugh at myself as the sun beams through the window giving my arm a tan.  Good luck with that one, Carrie!  Shortly after margaritas I spent some time window shopping and left feeling somewhat deflated.  Is it me or does everything kind of look the same right now?  It's that whole 80's thing yawwwwn.  I saw some little kid in a pair of neon pink socks and a green neon skirt.  It took everything in me not to scream, "Do you even know who Madonna IS?" I mean hel-looo Desperately Seeking Susan!  

That being said, unless Dallas Raines (local weather guy) tells me otherwise, prepare for a resurgence of my somewhat tan faded legs this week.  I'll just stand idly by while everyone in blog world strolls by in their various fur, leather, and sweater ensembles.  Anyone for a mid-summer hippie vibe?
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved