Gluten-Free Snickerdoodles

I've been lunging around the house for the past week anticipating the arrival of a pair of sequined skinny pants purchased in a spur of the moment click of the mouse.  It would only figure that during this time Danielle and I got to chatting about Udi's gluten-free snickerdoodles and this led to the cheapskate in me (uh, $7 for a little package of cookies = not happening) lunging into the kitchen to see if mastering a version of these cookies could be a possibility.  In a word:  victory!

After searching the internets, I discovered this raved about recipe on Smitten Kitchen.  The only substitution was a one-for-one of my favorite gluten-free flour blend (listed below) in place of the regular flour and ta-da.  Truth be told there was a bit of trepidation taking on this recipe because any cookie or cake of a pale variety in the gluten-free world can be tricksy (Lord of the Rings residue after marathoning all weekend), but this went off without a hitch.  Examine the evidence:

Chill the dough for at least an hour to make sure it can be rolled into little balls and then dipped
in a sugar/cinnamon combo before being placed on a cookie sheet.
I line my cookie sheets with parchment paper because, well, I'm a freak that values 
my Williams-Sonoma cookie sheets and doesn't want them scratched up.  Confession.
They cracked on top and were cake-like in the middle just like the recipe made with
regular wheat flour.  I love it when these things work out.

Here is the gluten-free flour blend so you don't have to click back:

Gluten-free Flour Blend
*I use this blend in place of regular flour in a one by one substitution for cookies, pancakes - you name it.  This will make a large batch of the Flour Blend that can also be stored and used for future.*

1C        Brown Rice Flour
1 1/4C  White Rice Flour
1/4C     Potato Starch Flour
2/3C     Tapioca Starch Flour
3/4C     Sweet Rice Flour
1/3C     Corn Starch
2tsp      Xanthan or Guar Gum

And now I must get back to lunging and squatting away seeing as the pants arrived this afternoon and it is officially time for Operation Sequin Skinny Pants.  Please enjoy the cookies and have one for me...I managed to eat approximately 20 of them over the span of 3 days before releasing the remainder to the Chef.  They're that good.  If you try them let me know how they work out--would love to hear what you think!
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved