I'll Buy What I Want Thanks. And I'll Wear It, Too.

Cat's in the corner having a snore and I'm trying to pick what to write.  I'm exhausted.  We're all exhausted.  It's Thursday.  Yawwwwwn.

On a bright note I managed to make it outside yesterday and even combed my hair.  Sticking to my apparel conviction of soft, cozy clothes in warm colors I threw on a slip dress. layered a cashmere thermal over top and finished with a military jacket.  I'll never forget buying this jacket at J.Crew in Santa Monica.  The sales guy tried pretty hard to talk me out of it:  it's too big, he said, you're drowwwwning in it.  This was a few years ago before military really made a significant comeback, and I wasn't listening to anything he had to say.  Dude, you're wearing tighter pants than I ever have.  Issues.  Anyway it's one of those purchases I've never regretted and has saved me from multiple 'I don't have anything to wear' moments, making it worth its weight in gold.  

Confession:  I've added a few more lounge pieces to my closet as of late (ahem slip dress) and have been wearing them layered in the outdoors. Yep you read it here first: I'm cavorting about in things that are technically pj's.  No one is any the wiser and I get more than a few compliments.  The way I see it as long as I'm not going to the store in footie pajamas I think we'll all survive. 

~Outfit:  J.Crew-Military Jacket, James Perse-Cotton/Cashmere Thermal
Slip Dress-Pure & Good, Loeffler Randall-Boots, Anthropologie-Sunglasses~
Bracelets:  Motif 56 (here and here), PANYC (similar), and Rosa Loves DC Turquoise Friendship
Necklace:  PANYC

Like that last one?  Imagine someone doing the basketball shuffle all around you while you're trying to walk.  That's the Chef!  He totally gets into the picture thing: lays on the ground, runs around behind trees, cars, garbage cans--you name it, and then when it's all over starts a super crazy shuffle for one last one.  It's freaking hysterical!! 

PS-is anyone else watching Chelsea Settles on MTV?  So good!  Maybe you can catch up this weekend while you're hanging off the couch.  There I go projecting again.
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved