When All Else Fails Just Wear His Shirt

It's Tuesday night and I'm sitting here wrapped in a blanket listening to the new downstairs neighbors hammer and drill away at the walls at, oh, 10pm.  I just can't win.  Irony struck once again today when I hauled out the vacuum to get my clean on thinking I'd be all productive when, apparently, it blew out the pilot light on the heater.  California:  home of the annoying wall heater.  This is the price you pay if you want to live in a place that has character and doesn't resemble a human filing cabinet.

Note to self:  stock up on sweaters and blankets. Or just stay away from the vacuum?

Why am I not lighting the pilot myself, you ask?  Let's just say I could write a series of short stories on negative experiences with gas (and not the kind that comes from eating beans).  Suffice it to say I once witnessed a man from the gas company come flying out of the floor unit with his pant legs in flames after hearing a very loud bang.  Imagine me beating a stranger with a tea towel.  True story.  Shortly thereafter I discovered 18 months of lethargy was due to a lit-tle carbon monoxide drip that had slowly been killing me.  One of many I've got in my pocket, friends.

How did I get off on this rabbit trail? Can't remember and now have zero segue into an outfit.  Well I do have a coat on, so let's go with that.

On Sunday I hauled out a Mike & Chris (now defunct) leather hoodie I picked up a few years ago on HauteLook.  Prepare for screams from fashion diehards as I confess it's worn primarily with sweats and a t-shirt.  Another true story.  It's a uniform I can't live without:  James Perse sweats pulled up to the knee + one of his t's + the hoodie + flip flops = grocery store, post office, Home Goods, bank errands.  We keep it real over here at the bird.  This means we tell the truth about what we're really wearing daily. And by we I mean me.  *loses it*

For Sunday dinner I managed to amp it up (insert sarcasm) with Current/Elliott denim leggings, one of the Chef's t-shirts and my faithful Joie military boots.  You will note that Sunday's lid resembled a rat's nest.  All I could think about was getting to the Mexican place for margaritas.  My bad.


The whole purpose behind this thing was to say I've basically swiped this t-shirt from the Chef.  After pouring over the closet looking for a shirt I looked down and decided to just wear what I had on which, coincidentally, may or may not have been what I wore to bed the night before?  Can't quite recall, but it would help in carrying on with my whole pajama theme.  HAHAHA!!

ps--if you like the hoodie here's one the former CEO of Mike & Chris has out now. They're really great jackets.

Gotta jet! Chelsea Settles is on! New addiction.
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved