Girl On The Go

Well here I am a week post move and all I can say is:  hot mess.  I am a firm believer in putting things in their rightful home to start with so as to not double up on having to correct later.  As a result I just got the bathroom three quarters assembled as of yesterday.   Only the bathroom.  I'm a working person with a job that takes up more than 10 hours a day...when on earth am I supposed to organize?  Send reinforcements.

Conclusion:  there simply just are not enough hours in the day.  I swear I did things on Saturday:  shred (woot! - Level 2, Day 5), put things away, use the dishwasher for the first time in 10 years aka feel like a real live grown up, and run 700 errands.  The Chef arrived late afternoon to assist in the errand running.  Mid-stream I screamed out:  'BLOG!' as in 'I need a post for Monday' - to which he replied ever so nonchalantly, 'you're a girl on the go so we're gonna have to get this thing done on the fly.' Examine the evidence.

Girl on fly takes time to whisper to transplanted Plumerias after negligent 
landlord's ill-fitted lattice falls on pre-existing tree slicing off 3 branches.  
Do.not.ask.  
What was that?  I need to hurry up? I'm the one at the bottom of the stairs mmmkay?
Pardon me while I just pull the ol' rip cord to get the garage door open seeing as 
the landlord STILL has not turned on the electricity to my old apartment that 
covers the opener to my garage.  Special isn't it?  Not so much.
Especially when you have to use your foot to kick the door open hoping that 
the bobble head collecting cuckoo birds across the back alley aren't taking it
all in and planning an attack.  
Moments later girl on the go screeches over into a private parking lot and jets out
into the street clearly marked 'no pedestrian crossing' all while taking a 
business call and prepping for an outfit picture in the median.  
After getting honked and screamed at 20x girl's bf finally captures several
likable photos for Monday's post...ta-da. 
~Anthropologie-Ikat Dress, Martin+Osa (RIP)-Denim Jacket, Brandy & Melville-Fringe Bag,
Brooklyn Thread-Beaded Bracelet, PANYC & Motif56-Leather Bracelets, 
Necklace-Handmade in Africa, Dean Davidson-Turquoise Ring, H&M-Sunnies,
Arnold Churgin-Flats~
Aaaand - CUT.  Quite literally...as I was hopping out of the median cut
my finger on a prickly rose bush.  No time to stop and cry about it. 
The Container Store was calling.


Other devastating, annoying and interesting events this weekend:  some guy shanked my dragon out from under me by bugging the Chef repeatedly during renovations until he just caved and sold it to him.   Think spontaneous combustion.  

Saturday morning found the landlord outside my garage having a...wait for it...garage sale.  Um, I have no words, but managed to keep it together due to elation over 91 degree weather.  Hel-looo!

Sunday:  after unpacking the bathroom found some goodies at the flea.  To be continued!

Gimme the dirt.  What stuff went down in your respective locales...and how many days 'til Friday again?

Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved