Channeling My Inner Olivia Palermo

Now let the truth be known:  I'm much more of a Farrah Fawcett meets Kate Moss kinda girl, but every once in awhile my inner Olivia Palermo comes calling.  During Closet Purge 2011 (the saga continues) I came across these faux leather shorts.  Remember when I got them last fall in Canada? Well every time I see these babies Olivia P comes to mind.  In fact, for a good while there every purchase I made was met with 'Olivia Palermo made me do it' (seemed to make sense at the time?).  After awhile that got old or I forgot about it or something.  More than likely my inner hippie came calling and OP got shoved to the back of the closet.

Then Chloe popped up with this in spring:
And it has lived on my desktop ever since.

I got fixated on finding the same top.  Oh who am I kidding?  I also got fixated on achieving a version of those skinny legs, but a failed 30 turned 86 Day Shred and 3 plates of guacamole later the fixation died.  Then as I was rooting around in le closet this weekend I came across a sleeveless black top with a slit in  back versus the front and it was game over.   

Moments later we snapped these pics while a beat-up VW bus pumping reggae beats drove round and round the block until I couldn't take it anymore, hopped back in the car and sped off.  Awkward

~Aritzia-Shorts, Club Monaco-T-shirt, Alexander Wang-Coco, Steve Madden-Heels~
~Bracelet won last year from the wonderfully chic Corks+Caftans 
+ Melinda Maria link oxidized & Marc x Marc coil rings
The second lap of reggae beats causes me to stare over and throw a dirty.
Seconds later I'm wondering if the shorts are too short while the Chef busts up
 laughing on the sidewalk.  Where's the love?
Finally lap three of reggae madness sends me racing off down the street back
to the car hollering over my shoulder, "It's not a side show ya crazy birds!"
Oh yeah there's the back of the shirt.  Everything happens for a reason?

As you can see summer has shown her beautiful face in Southern California and I couldn't be happier.  There is nothing quite like waking up to the sound of boats in the harbor and kids laughing their heads off in the distance.  Here's hoping for a week of minimal work and warm days in the sun!

The Bachelorette's back tonight, too--fasten your seat belts!
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved