Roasted Beets (with burrata cheese) Salad

Happy Canada day to all my Canadian peeps!! I started the long weekend a lit-tle early yesterday lounging in the sun (with spf 70) and an iced *ahem* lemonade to rest my wrist.  I have to say sitting still is not my forte, but it's a skill I'm working hard to perfect. Ha! Despite the fact that there are things to be tidied, closets still to be cleaned (whole bag full of clothes purged so far) and other tasks sure to be found I'm thinking this will be the weekend of nothing.  The Chef's up to his eyeballs at the restaurant and it just may be the perfect time for me to sample a few new cocktails to ensure they're just right.   Perhaps this is my new calling--Cocktail Taster Extraordinaire.  Has a certain ring to it don't you think?

One of my fave dishes on the menu right now is the Roasted Beets Salad.  It is out of this world with arugula and burrata cheese.  In case you're looking for a little something special to whip up this weekend we've included the recipe below.  Hope you enjoy!

Roasted Beets - burrata, arugula, whipped olive oil
Serves 4
Ingredients
2ea large red beets
2ea large gold beets
1 ea ball of burrata cut in 16 pieces
2C arugula
1 egg yolk
1 lemon
1/2C+2T extra virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste

Method

Season  beets (not peeled) with salt, pepper and olive oil. Roast at 375 for 30-45minutes or till a knife slides out of the beet.  Once cooked set in refrigerator to chill. Once chilled peel and cut into large chunks.  Toss chunks with olive oil salt and pepper.

Whipped olive oil: place shallot, lemon juice, water, in blender and mix on high for 30 seconds.  Then slowly drizzle in olive oil.  It should get thick and creamy, season w/salt.
To plate arrange beets on plate, top each beet with cheese, spoon whipped olive oil on cheese and around plate.  Toss arugula with oil, salt and pepper, and sprinkle leaves over salad.
On that note I think it's time for a snack...famous last words.  I am so looking forward to the 4th--the Chef is off that day and we're going to mix cocktails, grill our faves and sun all day long.  Pure bliss!  Any special plans on your agenda?  All I know is the holiday traffic started up yesterday afternoon when it took 45 minutes to go 4 miles and there wasn't an accident in sight.  *practices deep breathing* 'Tis the season of the tourist so look for me losing my beans when I'm late yet again, or better yet just putting myself on lockdown with the margarita blender.  Now there's a plan...
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved