Summer Days

Some new developments have taken place in my neck of the woods (ahem, concrete):  It appears as though  a civilized person has moved into the neighborhood.  A piano player with legitimate skills.  Can you imagine??  Just last night I turned down the volume on the television to take in a half hour of wonderful music.  My mother was right:  I do regret quitting after all those years of lessons.  Sigh.

Let me tell ya:  summer is in full swing over here.  Last year was such a letdown in the warm weather department it's tough not to want to be outside all day every day.  I don't know about you, but the days seem to be going by so fast I wish I could put it on pause.  Bright sunny mornings, light streaming in the windows in late afternoon, the sound of the ice cream truck, an endless supply of fruit--it's the simple things keeping me happy these days--including a relatively light workload that I'm pretty sure I should be freaking out about.  But then I smell someone bbq'ing...

With the Chef's change in schedule it appears as though 2013 will be the first time an evening date may re-occur.  Instead we're making time in the mornings once or twice a week to spend a few hours together.  One thing's certain--there's something delicious about being footloose and fancy free while everyone else is at work.  The other day we just grabbed tea and sat on the beach digging our toes in the warm sand.  It was wonderful.  More summer please.


This has pretty much become my uniform of choice this summer.  
3x this week so far and don't even care.
Fringe + leather + lace + weathered shorts + piled jewelry and a cup of tea 
Minimal makeup? Yep, sounds good to me.
~Outfit details:  H&M vest, James Perse tank, Current/Elliott Shorts, Thrifted Belt, 
Brandy&Melville Bag, Rainbow flip flops, Anthro sunnies~

For the record that's not my piece of trash at the bottom of the stairs. 
The earth is not a garbage can for pete's sake!  Off to read a book and delete all fall fashion emails.  Have a great Wednesday!
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved