Red and Purple

When I was a kid I had the uncanny ability to slip out the door to school wearing the most bizarre things without my mother noticing.  I'll never forget the time I came home wearing a plethora of my favorite items only to have my mother screech/gasp in horror, "Carrie you did not wear that to school did you?!?" I couldn't understand the problem with combining a red velour fitted half zip, skinny black denim and fuschia socks.  Or how about a purple chenille v-neck sweater, turquoise corduroy trousers and red socks?  What's the big deal, mom?  

To this day red and purple is a color combo that always catches my eye.  Last month I hit the jackpot of all jackpots at the flea market when I discovered not only the Eight Dollar Pants (yes caps are necessary), but also the most beautiful vintage 70's Missoni-esque halter dress.  Try to envision me jumping up and down while various onlookers stare from a safe distance.  It shouldn't be too hard if you're a regular reader.  I'm just going to spill it:  I wish I could turn back time.  I want to wear old school vintage treasures that would make Farrah proud.  I no longer want to pay more than $15 for anything.  My name is Carrie and I am an addict...flea markets are my poison.

Prepare for picture onslaught 2011.
~Outfit details:  Vintage Zig Zag Dress-Flea Market, Jessica Simpson-Dany Shoes, 
Foley+Corinna-Mid-City Tote, Melinda Maria Bangles & Rings, Brooklyn Thread-Bracelet~
The Pattern on the Dress!!
Oh and The Hand 
(adorned with Melinda Maria Galaxy Melted, Mini Pod Pave and Pyramid Bangles, 
Link Oxidized Ring and a green treasure from can't recall where)
The Other Hand (and a random truck)
The Front
The Back
The Sky Scrapers
...made from what I swear is wall paneling that used to be on my parents' living room walls.
The Neighbor's VW Van.
Kismet

I tossed the dress on last night with flip flops in honor of Taco Tuesday aka might have a few margaritas so better not be wearing anything that could land you on your head.  Suffice it to say it was some of the best $15 I've spent this year -- on the dress, not the drinks. FIFTEEN DOLLARS! *passes out*

Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved