Flashes of Fall

I was talking to my mom on the phone whilst gathering the mail the other day, and inadvertently set the stack to the side only to later discover the holy grail had arrived.  That's what we here at the bird refer to as the latest Anthropologie and Free People catalogues.  No matter how e-oriented society might become I still like the feel of a magazine or book in my hands.  I like to be able to touch the paper, hold a picture up to my eyes to take a closer look--sometimes even just smell the pages, one of my favorite scents ever.

Even though we're in the heat of summer and I'm totally loving it, there is that age old training that kicks in at this time of year:  Back to School.  Instinctively my mind will begin to think of corduroy, button down shirts, blazers, plaid, pleated skirts, sweater vests and leather coats--even though I've been out of school for a few *cough* years now.  For a brief moment today I let myself peruse the Anthropologie catalogue and begin pondering my fall wardrobe.  Anthro does such an incredible job with their catalogues and this one is no exception.  Its pages are laced with hints of the past and beautiful vintage-esque clothing, both of which are right up my alley these days.  Sometimes I swear their people are reading my mind.

Here are just a few images that are really speaking to me from this month's catalogue:
I love everything about this picture.  From the way her hair is styled (love squared) to the 
beautiful blouse and skirt.  At first glance I actually thought the skirt was sequined
and it got me incredibly excited for this duo...perhaps it was just what I wanted to see.
Note to self:  keep eyes peeled for sequined pencil skirt.  Does this exist?
Speaking of sequins examine this dress
If I can make it two weeks without jumping off my wallet for this mother it'll be a miracle.
And don't even get me started on that little handknit shrug.
I'm not sure what I want more:  the wallpaper or the skirt.  
It hits below the knee and is wispy and gorgeous for fall...
for all you lucky people who actually get to experience a real fall season.

Have you given any thought to fall or are you still with me in summer?  I'm doing my best to linger here, but the onslaught of fall catalogues 2011 sure isn't making it easy.
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved