Seeking Comfort in the Comfortable

I want to thank each and every one of you who left a comment, sent an email, text, tweet, smoke signal or otherwise when you saw the post on Grayce (pr. Graycee for those who asked) last week.  Your kind words have genuinely helped ease our pain.

I managed to leave the house a couple times in the past several days for dinner with close friends.  Confession:  leaving my sweats and blanket behind was no easy feat.  Comfort is key these days, so prepare to see some hot mess up here on the blog.  I don't know about you, but whenever anything happens that rattles me to the core I subconsciously reach for things that make me feel safe.  Suddenly I'm surrounded by dark chocolate, jalapenos, bacon, fringe, blanket, soft old t-shirts and Current/Elliott denim.  Who's with me?  When the Chef coerced me out of the house yesterday afternoon I found myself closet diving and emerging with my fab Minnetonka boots that had somehow been left in the dust.  Silver lining, I guess.

Speaking of silver lining:  last night the bar was quiet at the Chef's place so I asked if my friend and I could watch the Bachelorette Men Tell All.  I immediately start ripping on Ryan P and lo and behold one of the bartenders knows him.  JACKPOT!! Fact finding mission commences...
~Outfit details:  Tank Farm T-Shirt, Current/Elliott Shorts, Old Stud Handmade Belt, 
Anthro Sunglasses, Free People Fringe Legwarmers (in 90 degrees), Minnetonka Boots c/o Langston's~
Dug from the abyss known as my arsenal of t-shirts, this Tankfarm ration holds many a fond memory.
Gorgeous yellow and turquoise friendship bracelets from the amazingly talented
Rosa @ Rosa loves DC.  They've been glued to my wrist since I opened the package last week.
Talk to me.  Fringe leg warmers inside fringe boots.  In August. 
Almost as good as a visit from Mom.
Not sure why, just like this one.  Blame it on the fringe blowing in the breeze.

As it is when someone passes away, all the days go by in a haze.  It's like the mind knows what happened but the heart can't quite accept it, and so begins the dipping of the toe into the waters of grief until we're fully submerged and can embrace it.  This is the worst.  You are all totally right--our pets are our family and when something tragic happens to them it is okay and normal to experience a deep level of sadness.  Thanks for jumping in the boat with us.  Sharing here with all of you and receiving such kind responses brought a lot of comfort to both me and the Chef, and we are very grateful to you.  Grayce was our top girl and we'll never stop missing her.  It's just not the same with out her. 

I hope you'll bear with me if my posts aren't as regular as usual for the next while.  xo ~Carrie
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved