One Fall Day. But Only One.

Labor Day was a glorious day--no laboring.  The Chef had the day off (rarity) so we were footloose and fancy free.  Upon arising in the AM I noticed ominous clouds...and then rain.  Two hours later:  more rain.  "Fine by me", she says to herself, "I think I'll take a nap."

Next thing we knew it was humid and warm and iced tea time.  We emerged from the house.  We had lunch.  We roamed the streets. Cut to scene and it was swanky dinner date time (our much missed fave).  So much for the LBD (seen here) and silk bomber I had planned--more rain.  Being the seasonal embracer I never am (summer lover in the house) I dove head first into my fall clothing and pulled this one out.  

~Outfit details:  Zara-Blazer (similar), Vince-Silk Tank (similar), Martin+Osa (RIP)-Black Skinny Denim, 
Ash-Ono Boots (similar), Alexander Wang-Coco (Rocco), Anthro-Sunglasses~

I know what you're thinking:  she does not look very happy.  In fact I was quite happy, except for the on with the dress, off with the dress, on with the blazer, off with the blazer, where are those ding-dang pants again??, I think the boots are in here, maybe I do want the dress after all, did that rain stop?, I am getting sweaty and we're gonna be late, wait a second let me get a picture of this one! gymnastics routine.  You know the one, right? *shakes head*

Now here's the thing about Southern California: On Tuesday morning, just hours later, I awoke to flames of heat from the sun, my fall dreams dashed to the fitting room floor.  Ever since it's been bloody 90-113 degrees from morning until night.  Just when I was willing to accept fall, summer came out from behind the clouds and screamed, "PSYCH!!" -- right in my face.

Am I even making sense?  I ate a cream puff for dinner tonight.  And a Mr. Freeze.  Then an ice cream cupcake (it's the year of the birthday).  And 14 glasses of water.  Blame it on the heat stroke.  

Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved