Twists and Turns--Hair and Otherwise

Remember last week when I was going on about work projects and eating cookies for breakfast, lunch and dinner due to busy schedule?  Well what a difference a week makes.  Suddenly it's dead in the water, deadlines having been met, and now there's an uneasy stillness in the air that has resulted in me spending far too much time perusing the internets obsessing over hairdos.  More specifically I've been freaking out about the impending haircut that will take place on Thursday.

Yeah, yeah it's superficial and the least of concerns seeing as people in the world need food, shelter and healthcare.  I get that.  And am actually among some of those people on the healthcare front, but that's another blog for another time.  This one's about life and hair and how to make sure I don't walk out looking like the victim of a drunken Edward Scissorhands (top 10 fave movies of all time).  Here's one of my issues:  I get to talking to the haircutter and before you know it we're laughing our heads off about something.  Cut to scene (aka my head) where I've not really voiced what I wanted therefore the individual has just kind of gone off willy nilly.  The next thing I know the blowdryer's on and it's kind of like opening a surprise gift:  you're hoping for the best, but bracing for what may turn out to be not the best whilst doing your best to paste on a smile that won't show your true feelings.  

Am I the only one who gets carried away talking to the hair people?  They're truly some of the most fun people out there in my opinion.  Anyway, I had my lid colored yesterday and it is absolutely beyond fabulous.  I can't unveil due to inability to take a picture of myself.  I just can't do it.  I feel like a cuckoo bird.  


Instead let us pause and have a moment together as I prep myself to maintain a level of seriousness on Thursday.  I'm focusing on the following pictures and chanting as follows:  "I'm in a hippie phase and don't want much taken off.  Please just bring some life and shape back to the hair."  In my more frenzied moments I practice, "Put those scissors down!! Didn't you hear me say I want no more than 2 inches taken off?!"

I don't even have this much hair to begin with, but this would be a dream hairstyle to me.
Somewhere Vanessa Hudgens remembers having these days--and curses her now short locks. 
Maybe not, but I can't help wondering.
This is pure magique--her, her hair, the straggly ends--all of it.
Yesterday's conversation with self went like this:  "I think I'll get bangs.  You can't get bangs.  Look at her bangs.  I wonder if I could pull off bangs?  No you can't.  Ever since your brother dropped that can on your head when you were five you can't get a proper part."
Hello ageless woman.  
Why does your hair never frizz?
 And can we please discuss how to replicate prior to Thursday?  

Either way the guy I'm going to is a hair genius and will probably do most of whatever he wants anyway.  A couple years ago he gave me a great cut so I'm looking forward to visiting him--albeit with a might bit of trepidation.  Wish me luck.  He's a cutter.  And I don't mean that in the self-inflicting pain way. If you have any other images I could share with him, please do feel free to suggest and/or forward.  The more focused I can be going in, the better chance I'll have of staying focused and selling my case for longer vs. shorter hair.  

Did I mention I haven't cut my hair since the end of December last year? Uh yeah, get there.  
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved