Out of the Dust

Just when you (and truth be told I) thought I might never come back to the blogosphere BAM! here I am.  Every once in awhile you have to let your life crash down on you and just stop everything to take it all in.  So that's what I did.  Whether you've been following me for a year or a day you know I keep it real.  If things aren't so hot, I'll say it.  Things were not so hot.  Okay now that that's been confirmed we can get on with it.

 *Heart on her sleeve here at the bird*

All that being said I'm trying to get back into the routine of things.  Just yesterday I took an outfit picture for the first time in weeks and felt like it was back to day one of the blog.  Weird, right?  Anyway, in the meantime here's a bit of what I've been up to.  Get your pillow in case you slip into a coma.

Early mornings at the beach where I laid down while others played volleyball.

Late days spent reading books and watching the sun set through breezy palms.  
Oh summer. 
sigh
My best friend came to town and we celebrated my birthday by eating *cough* a few of these.  
In the span of just a few days we toasted to a new year over cocktails 
and serious talks and not-so-serious talks and spa dates and 
new restaurants and relaxing hotels and every other wonderful best friend thing.


Including sunsets that are particularly amazing during late August in SoCal.


And more birthday surprises with my closest friends.

After he left it was back to me and early mornings at the beach.
You see the best things when not that many people are around!


Afternoons spent in deep discussion with the cat.  


Spontaneous mini road trips.


And just this past weekend kissing summer goodbye.

Except I woke up this morning to 93 miserable degrees.  In fact I had a dream in which I discovered the oven had been on the hottest temperature for 3 days explaining why the house was so hot.  You know you've got a twitter problem when IN THE DREAM I tweeted: "My name is Carrie and my oven has been on 500 for 3 days."  Only then I opened my eyes to the flaming sun beating down on my bed. No bueno.  Oh.  And I didn't actually tweet that.  Just in the dream.

I guess I really might be getting back to normal after all.  

Thanks for hanging in there with me.  Your notes and emails have been incredibly kind and thoughtful--I appreciate you so much.  

What's been going on with you guys?  Ben F's the next bloody Bachelor!  Did you see the announcement?  Jesus take the wheel...
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved