I Did It My Way

I remember when I first moved to the US.  I didn't know diddly squat about chips and salsa.  Margaritas? Wha?  I'm Canadian and could have told you a lot about beer and Canadian Club Whiskey, but that's about where it ended.

Anyone still with me?  I fear I may have lost everyone at Canadian Club...

Confession: there was this time when I first moved to Southern California and asked one of my friends when Cinco de Mayo was.  


Uh, yeah. A-nee-way.

As long-er time readers and people who follow me on the various social networking locales know, I am now well-versed in the chips, the salsa, the guacamole and, on Friday nights especially, the Don Julio margarita.  Okay any margarita, but particularly the Don Julio.  Just this past Friday night I was heartily greeted by almost all the employees at my favorite Mexican place, causing my friend Kelly to turn and say, 'uh, do you think you might eat here a little too often?'. Um, no?

The blasphemy!

So it was on Cinco de Mayo, and yes I am a week late in posting this, that the Chef and I cut out for a couple hours to support that favorite place of ours: Avila's El Ranchito.  Remember last year's episode when we had to get wristbands just to get in, people were grinding to the DJ right by our table, and the lights blew on the entire block as buzzed people ran for the doors to avoid paying their bills?  Yeah, we weren't risking that one again so we went mid-afternoon before the mob hit.

It was off the chain fun and filled with great food. I did the unthinkable and wore neon shoes. I needed a cab after just one drink so it was a good thing Chris drove.  Oh, and I came home at midnight? Viva la Mexico!

Neon. I'm wearing it. I think I may be wearing more of it soon. 
*I've fallen into a neon time warp and can't get up.*
A close-up of the Moon Shield Bracelet you need to get. The Akha not far behind it.
And the neon and gold one is another fave.
More neon, a gaggle of bracelets and some fringe. 
And seriously? How awesome is this guy? 

Lots of questions posed in this one. Not a lot of answers. Monday's calling and I'm looking for the rewind button.
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved