Getting to Know You Better...

Last week I was tagged by Lori at Wildflowers and thought I'd work her questions into today's post.  These are always fun to do so here we go!

  • What is your favorite time of the day?  Ooooh this is a tough one for me.  I'd have to say late afternoon when the sun is shining through the windows in the living room.  I love to curl up on the couch and take a deep exhale while Nancy Grace gives someone a grand rip from the television.  That toasty light makes everything seem right in the world.  Or is that Nancy Grace? hehe
 Joran Van der Sloot better just keep his ass in that Peruvian prison
if he knows what's good for him.

  • Where and when did you meet the love of your life?  I met the Chef about 10 years ago and, honestly, he kinda annoyed me (he knows this so I can say it).  I mean I thought he was nice and everything, but he was always bugging me with his jokes.  Little did I know he thought I was the cat's meow...cut to present and we've been dating for 2 years.  It's a long story.  Kind of like a novel - met through friends and kept in touch, I was dating someone else and living in Washington state, eventually moved to California but he was living in New York and we reconnected a few years ago.  I used to try and help him get dates and my bff Corey would always say he thought the Chef liked me.  I thought he was nuts.  So much for that! 
Aaaaaand here we are after Corey's wedding!  (Chef's on the right)

He digs a good morning/afternoon/anytime surf.
  • What 3 words would your friends outside the blogging world use to describe you?  Loyal, feisty, smart.  (and shoes).
 image via te quiero

  • What country would you like to visit and why?  There are so many I'd like to visit, but Italy tops my list right now with Israel being a close second.  Italy because I visited once for a couple weeks and don't feel as though I really got to take it all in.  There is so much to see and the pace of life makes sense to me.  I want to take in the little towns and the big cities - as much of the country as possible - and soak in every bit of the rich culture I can.  Maybe not come back?
 Gaeta, Italy

  •  What is your favorite dish to cook?  Roasted chicken.  I know that sounds weak, but it truly is.  All you have to do is throw it in the oven with potatoes and carrots around it, but I've had some messed up chickens in my time and this is one that I do well!  Wait.  Is cheesecake a dish? (or only in my world?)  Because I'm very good friends with cheesecake, too.
 mmmmmmm chicken

  • Salt or sugar?  This is a tough one for a girl whose favorite afterschool snack was Old Dutch Ripple Chips dipped in vanilla ice cream...Both!  I can't choose!!  Chocolate covered almonds, cashews, macadamias, walnuts - salt and sugar!  help!
  • What are your must have make-up or beauty items?  I am not that great with make-up and, as a result, don't wear much.  As a teenager I was convinced that having to wash it off - especially mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow - would cause wrinkles.  Yes, even then I was thinking of what lies ahead. There are a few things I do feel lost without:
 This stuff is amazing.  It keeps my skin soft
without a hint of greasy.  I use it morning and night.  Best stuff ever.

Have you tried this?  If not, I highly recommend.  
I use it a couple times a week in the shower and noticed a visible
difference in my face almost immediately.  l-o-v-e

I'm sure we're all screaming together about this one.

And finally...this is turning into a Fresh ad, but it's true - 
I can't use it daily because it's pretty expensive, but when I have 
a hard day or week this is my go-to relaxer.  A few caps in 
the tub and you'll feel so much better.  Soak!

  • What are your favorite flowers?  Gerbera Daisies, Peonies and Orchids.  All three have the ability to brighten my day in an instant.
 Gerbera Daisies

Pretty, pretty Peonies

Beautiful Orchids.  sigh
  • What do you think are your worst vices, honestly?  I need to learn to slow down and consider that what I'm doing may not be the top priority for the Chef.  (hangs head in shame)  I also need to get away from the computer and learn to have better balance in my life - outside, outside, outside.  It's not so fun to be around someone who is always attached to their phone or computer.  It's a hot mess.  And when I'm stressed out I can be a hot head.  I always say - I'm the verbal cuisinart, don't get caught in my blades.  And I'm not kidding.  My friends laugh when I say it, but it is true and it's not always the best quality to have.  Confessional over and out.
  •  At what time of your life were you the happiest and why?  You know this is a great question and I've thought about it off and on all week.  Do you ever have those seasons in your life when you pause for just a moment and realize it's one of the best times and you need to savor it?  I feel very blessed to be able to say this has happened more than a few times in my life.  When I lived on Day Island in Washington - hands down one of the best, if not the most content I have ever been.  I had a great community of friends that were more like family, I loved where I lived - the most amazing renovated older home right smack on the water, my boss and the job I held was just wonderful - it was almost idyllic. And most importantly I remember it as the first time in my adult years where I was truly comfortable with myself and at peace with my life.  Every room had a water view and I had the best landlord ever.
 There was a one way in front of the house and then the water.  
It took 5 years to recover from living there and
my heart still breaks a little.


Anyway!  Thanks so much for tagging me, Miss Lori.  This was fun!!  And now I will pass this along to the following people:
And really - anyone who wants to take part.  Please let me know if you do.  I love reading these things and would be interested to hear your responses!
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved