Roll Out The Carpet

For as long as I can remember I've been in love with pony hair items.  Shoes, rugs, upholstered furniture - you name it and I'm a goner.  Four or five years ago Natuzzi made a chair that caused my heart to flutter.  I was visiting a friend in Canada who ran an interior design business, and while waiting for her happened upon said chair in brown and white. The rest is a blur.  I came to with her standing in front of me snapping her fingers.  It was bliss.  And of course that same chair was nowhere to be found in the Western United States (believe me I was calling Natuzzi like a woman desperate for her last shot at love), and there was no way I was spending something like $500 + duty just to ship it from Canada. Uh, no.  Instead I soothed my wounds with a pair of slippers in the exact same print.  Sure I couldn't sit on them, but it softened the blow.  At least for my feet.

That being said, I have never forgotten that chair - nor have I ever seen any of its brothers or sisters - which in some small way relieves me.  Instead of pining endlessly for it, I carried on triumphantly viewing its rug cousins all around LA.  The more I saw the rugs in cow, pony and zebra print - the happier it made me.  Perhaps it was all those years growing up on the farm *insert smile here*.  I never bought one of the rugs - and then recently I heard someone say they were, like, yesterday even though the Zoe has them everywhere.  A light in my heart kinda went out, but I still kept on loving them anyway. I was never big on following the rules much. hehe

Cut to this past weekend when the Chef moved out of his apartment and temporarily "gifted" me with one or two of his choicest items.

 Enter the zebra print rug.  Welcome home fine lass.
The dream is alive!!

Please bear in mind I am no interior designer and didn't even fluff the cushions
on the couch *cringe* , but let's be serious...how awesome is that rug? 
It has breathed new life into this room!!
He's given me use of the acrylic table, too - and let me assure you I totally
lived vicariously through his wallet and had him purchase both items.
His brother calls it his "bachelor" rug.  What does that mean?

Can I just say I'm a little freaked out putting my living room on a bit of display?  There are so many amazing design blogs and talented blogger ladies who decorate their homes and share, so please go easy on me.

This is more about dreams and giving "bachelor" rugs new homes and cleaning acrylic tables to shine like new so they can carefully display one's precious Taschen book collection in a kinda fancy manner.  It's the simple things I tell ya!

Are any of you loving/living with hide rugs right along with me?  And as importantly - girls we made it!  It's Tuesday!!

Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved