When The Rain Comes

The past couple days have been rainy, damp and cold.  It's crazy to think that it was over 110 degrees just a week ago yet now it's sopping wet.  And now time for yet another blog confession:  yesterday I got up, worked for awhile, ran an errand, and went back to bed until almost 3pm.  Oops!  I just couldn't help myself.  The rain was pouring down, the heater came on, my bed was looking so fluffy and the next thing you knew I was in it.  Every once in awhile you just need a nap.

Usually rain highly motivates me.  It was probably all those years living in Seattle that conditioned me.  Oh yeah they conditioned me all right - to work and to acquire rain boots.  They line my closet like little soldiers.  Mock me if you will dear friends, but even if it rains once a year I put those boots to good use all day long.  It doesn't help matters much now that there are so many fun pairs to choose from!!  I  know you're with me...I read your blogs!

After it stopped pouring last evening we ran an errand and stopped to catch the sunset.  I wore my boots.  It was still damp and in Southern California that's reason enough.


Sometimes the rainiest days end with the most incredible sunsets.
Take note.  This is about as deep as I go in water.  Record.
Hunter.  Oldies, but goodies.  Fleece liners = faves.
Chef said something about "baseball playoffs".
This was just my immediate reaction.
In the distance I heard, "I'll leave you here" mumble mumble.
what-ever
This is becoming a common move of mine. 
No rainy day is complete without splashing in puddles 
and laughing with other adults who might be laughing at you.
It got a little wild.  As puddle jumping should.

Outfit details:  Club Monaco-Cashmere Sweater, American Apparel-Leggings, Hunter-Wellies and Fleece Liners, J.Crew-Belt and Hat, TK Bags-Handbag, Melinda Maria-Rings

Last night some weather lady (who was totally wearing the most inappropriate "da club" dress while reporting the weather - what's up with that?) said that it's going to be in the upper 80's and 90's for both Saturday and Sunday so she hoped we didn't put our tank tops away just yet.  Wait.  Was she wearing a tank top that I mistook as a dress?  You can never really tell these days. Just ask Laurenne - she saw it first hand.  I rest my case.
Share this article :
 
 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Trend burung - All Rights Reserved